Manager Public Affairs
With over 100 years of scientific expertise and a presence in more than 20 countries, Daiichi Sankyo and its 15,000 employees around the world draw upon a rich legacy of innovation and a robust pipeline of promising new medicines to help people. In addition to a strong portfolio of medicines for hypertension and thrombotic disorders, under the Group’s 2025 Vision to become a “Global Pharma Innovator with a Competitive Advantage in Oncology,” Daiichi Sankyo research and development is primarily focused on bringing forth novel therapies in oncology, including immuno-oncology, with additional focus on new horizon areas, such as pain management, neurodegenerative diseases, heart and kidney diseases, and other rare diseases.
The Manager, Public Affairs leads the execution of internal communications vehicles and events. Supports the development and execution of internal communications strategies and programs that ensures that DSI employees in the US are informed of key company, product and industry developments and are aware of company objectives and connected to the DSI senior management and global DS community as appropriate. Develops and executes philanthropy efforts that support the charitable contribution mission of DSI.
- Execute multi-channel and multi-objective internal communications programs
- Provide editorial and communications support to support key company initiatives and developments, including Town Halls.
- Design and project manage company events and celebrations, including product milestone events, VIP forums, and disease awareness campaigns.
- Oversee development and distribution of weekly employee newsletter; manage newsletter vendor.
- Liaise with and advise functional communicators throughout DSI regarding best practices, and scheduling in order to optimize messaging, timing, and impact.
- Manage internal and external resources, including communications agencies and freelancers to ensure successful implementation of internal communications programs.
- Manage the use and continuous improvement of the company intranet and digital signage as effective DSI employee communications tools, investigate and evaluate other emerging, internal communications technologies. Work with IT to identify and source solutions for various PA requirements.
- Assist with strategy, management and cross functional ownership of the external corporate website for DSI, including site architecture, content creation, technologies, and look and feel.
- Manage DSI Corporate Charitable contributions and related employee activities
Successful candidates will be able to meet the qualifications below with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Qualified candidates must have a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university;
- At least 5 years in communications positions; healthcare experience desirable
- Excellent interpersonal skills to influence and shape communications; comfortable interacting with senior management as needed to execute communications; able to work independently and manage conflict; excellent written and verbal communications as well as project management skills.
- Familiarity with digital communications platforms. Ability to work in a cross-cultural environment.
Ability to travel up to 10%
Daiichi Sankyo, Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2019-04-27