Manager, Public Affairs
The Corporate Affairs and Communications team is seeking a Public Relations Manager to support key initiatives for the Global Premium Products & Benefits (GPPB) division, including external and internal communications support for products and programs including but not limited to, the American Express Platinum, Gold and Green Cards, American Express Membership Rewards loyalty program, the American Express Global Lounge Collection and Centurion Lounge program, The Global Dining program and more.
Activities broadly include working with a Director, Public Affairs and the agency partner teams to create and execute comprehensive strategies to effectively communicate with external media, opinion leaders, influencers and colleagues.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Managing the creation and execution of creative and impactful proactive public relations, experiential and social media influencer strategies to promote key American Express Consumer Card products, programs and benefits
- Providing strategic counsel to teams across product, marketing, experiential, advertising, and social media disciplines
- Writing media messages, talking points, Q&A, press releases, social posts and internal memos
- Serving as a key member of cross-functional campaign teams
- Liaising with executive leadership to manage their internal and external presence
- Continuing strong media relationships with key contacts
- Partnering with social media team to support campaigns on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and Instagram
- Managing PR agency teams and other external partners who contribute to and support key PR campaigns and initiatives
- Providing crisis communications support and counsel for complex business issues
- 5 – 8 years of Public Relations experience preferred, PR agency experience a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Experience with writing for social media – short, succinct and pithy writing
- Deep understanding of the changing media landscape and the ongoing news cycle
- Deep knowledge and relationships among consumer / lifestyle and business media
- Comfortable working with all levels the organization and proven ability to influence
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly and a willingness to take charge and drive results
- Proven Public Relations client management skills
- Creative thinking and problem solving
- Ability to work with and manage PR agencies
- Ability to prioritize and work effectively on multiple projects
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and establish clear priorities quickly
- Able to deal with confidential information without exception
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Location: 200 Vesey St, New York, NY 10285
- Workplace Flexibility: Potential to work remotely part of the time based on current projects and team needs.
- Visa Sponsorship: Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for this position.
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-06-04