Manager, Public Policy
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Manager of Policy serves as a subject matter expert to internal and external stakeholders on
a designated portfolio of federal, state and local policy areas affecting the apartment housing
industry. The Manager provides research, legislative analysis and other deliverables in support
of advocacy as needed.
• Serves as a policy expert in designated portfolio of federal, state and local issue areas.
• Monitors legislative and regulatory activities by federal, state and local governments for
issues within designated portfolio.
• Provides in-depth policy research, legislative analysis and strategic recommendations to
NAA staff, affiliates and members as needed.
• Educates stakeholders – NAA staff, volunteer leadership, members, affiliates,
policymakers, media and others – on issues within designated portfolio and articulates
the apartment housing industry perspective.
• Develops content for purposes of education and advocacy. These can include, but are
not limited to fact sheets, talking points, statutory research, model legislation,
compliance or best practice guidance, oral presentations, content for NAA publications
and video productions.
• Represents the apartment housing industry on educational panels with external
stakeholders or other public facing forums on issues within designated portfolio as
• Builds and maintains relationships with external stakeholders for the purposes of
expanding expertise in designated issue areas.
• Serves as staff liaison to assigned NAA Committees and provides support as needed.
➢ Bachelor’s degree
➢ Three years of relevant experience in public policy, research or advocacy
➢ Familiarity with legislative and regulatory processes at the federal, state and local levels
➢ Strong public policy, legislative and regulatory research skills
➢ Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including public speaking, message
development, and persuasive writing skills
➢ Team-oriented with strong collaboration skills
➢ Ability to work independently and balance projects with multiple deadlines
➢ Ability to travel
Please send resumes, cover letter and salary history to Resumes@naahq.org. No phone
calls, please. EOE M/F/H/V
Job posted: 2019-01-05