Marketing Communications Manager
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB is currently seeking a Marketing Communications Manager. This role is responsible to contribute to the business objectives through the development and deployment of innovative and effective marketing communications activities in line with global communications strategies, standards and guidelines.
- Strategy: We are looking for someone who can not only create the go-to-market strategic plans but roll up their sleeves and execute those plans. Responsible for developing the global marketing communications strategy and for maintaining the positive image of the Company, brands and value proposition for products segments in the mind of the customer. Ensures marketing communications strategy and plans align with global marketing, and with corporate and country communications strategies and guidelines
- Communications plan: Responsible for developing, implementing, measuring and improving communication plans to support sales initiatives and achieve ABB’s objectives. Ensures the development of cross divisional/functional marketing initiatives.
- Communications tools: Develops a platform of global marketing communications tools and a way to localize for country- specific if appropriate.
- Promotional activities: Develops global promotional activities using events, fairs, online campaigns, print media, and other communications vehicles to promote products, systems, and services through the whole life cycle.
- Message alignment: Ensures sound communication across multiple and appropriate trade media in line with the ABB communication strategy to extend the Company‘s visibility.
- External resources: Researches, identifies, and selects external marketing communications service providers where applicable, focusing on leveraging pre-approved resources. Defines quality and delivery targets for externally assigned activities, monitors ongoing progress, and resolves issues.
- Targets: Defines key targets and quality metrics for marketing communications initiatives. Reviews and evaluates results upon completion of the activities with communications and product management leaders.
- Minimum 10 years of relevant experience in marketing communications
- Cross functional experience. Experience with digital channels. Proven experience to analyze and develop relevant metrics in dealing with different stakeholders
- Direct work experience with senior management
- Lead agencies in delivering superior work as well as provide hands-on delivery as needed
- Exceptional writing/editing and oral communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills, including PowerPoint
- Project management and Global experience. Industry experience a plus
- Full-Time Role, based in Memphis, TN
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that allows them to work for ABB in United States.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. – 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB’s career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to US-AskHR@abb.com. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-05-26