Full timeWorking closely with the Marketing Director, the Government Affairs Marketing Manager will plan, develop, integrate, and implement the overall marketing strategy for BGOV’s Government Affairs/Government Contracts unit with a focus on revenue growth and market expansion. She or he will manage and execute marketing campaigns and promotions based on business objectives and changing market and competitive conditions.
- Develops and implements strategic marketing plans to support growth of BGOV products employing direct marketing and integrated, multi-channel campaigns.
- Plans and executes marketing campaigns focused on lead generation and lead nurturing.
- Optimizes positioning of products based on market research, customer feedback, product opportunities and new market developments.
- Identifies targeted market segments for new product launch messaging, cross-selling and upselling opportunities, and direct marketing efforts.
- Identifies new channels to market, list sources and lead sources for focused marketing opportunities and sales support.
- Monitors and analyzes competitive, financial, technological, and demographic factors to capitalize on market opportunities and minimize effects of competitive activity.
- Collaborates with product and editorial teams to maximize effectiveness of marketing campaigns and retention efforts.
- Develops, recommends, and implements online marketing strategy for transactional products resulting in the greatest share of the market over time.
- Tracks and analyzes marketing program performance and adjusts strategy and tactics to increase effectiveness and marketing ROI.
- Manages development and distribution of promotional and collateral materials to support sales and marketing programs.
- Manages local conference promotions and initiatives, including pre- and post-show mailings, telemarketing, and advertising opportunities. Participates at conferences and trade shows, as needed.
- Reports on marketing plans and results to marketing peers and business stakeholders.
- Helps establish and maintain consistent corporate and brand image throughout product lines, promotional materials, and events.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated success in B2B marketing.
- Knowledge of business publishing or related industry.
- Proven track record in developing and implementing marketing plans, integrated campaigns, direct marketing, market research, advertising, sales support, and marketing analytics.
- Skills and experience across multiple channels including email, online marketing, events/tradeshows, social media and other channels.
- Experience in providing marketing support to sales teams and working directly with sales teams.
- Ability to work in an atmosphere of multiple projects, shifting priorities, and deadlines.
- Excellent organizational, analytical and project management skills.
- Experience managing marketing budgets.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills to communicate with people at all levels inside and outside Bloomberg Industry Group and BGOV.
- May require travel, as needed.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or related field or equivalent work experience. Master’s degree a plus.
- Demonstrated effective experience in business-to-business marketing.
- Minimum 5+ years related work experience.
- Prior experience in business publishing a plus.
Bloomberg Industry Group IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and fully subscribes to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity. Bloomberg Industry Group has adopted an Affirmative Action Program to ensure that all applicants and employees are considered for hire, promotion, and job status without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital or familial status, genetic information, disabled veteran, veteran, veteran of the Vietnam Era, or any other classification protected by law.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-10-07