Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Media Relations Manager
We’re building out our communications function and are looking for strong team players to join us. The Media Relations Manager will be charged with helping to establish a media relations program that will further United Bank’s incredible story to external audiences across the industry and throughout our footprint, which includes eight states in the Mid-Atlantic and Southeast as well as Washington, D.C. The ideal candidate will be a media relations pro with strong relationships and an appetite to build and lead a critical part of the bank’s communications team.
The role of the Media Relations Manager is to manage and execute United Bank’s efforts to drive deeper brand awareness and generate targeted media coverage with the right stories in the right outlets. This role will manage a multi-channel approach to reach key stakeholders by creating communications tools and resources, developing refreshed media lists and building and deepening relationships with media in Metro D.C. as well as other key markets. The candidate will effectively deliver messaging from the company to its intended audiences in a dynamic environment with accuracy, timeliness and brand consistency.
• Under the guidance of the VP, Director of Communications, manage and execute the company’s media relations strategy
• Further the United Bank story across industry and key market media outlets
• Create and distribute all press materials and content
• Establish and lead the bank’s external awards and recognition program
• Create and manage media events and activations throughout the bank’s footprint
• Develop and maintain key internal and external relationships
• Provide support for market storytelling and employee engagement with press
• Contribute to communications activity reporting and planning
• Plan, attend and execute events as needed
• Present on behalf of the communications department as needed
• Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in related area
• Minimum of five (5) years communications/public relations experience required
• Previous experience in a banking or financial industry preferred
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office products required
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
• Experience with Adobe suite and SharePoint preferred
• Understanding of company and compliance
• High degree of flexibility
• Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines at once
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive and the employee will also perform other duties as assigned. It is not an employment contract. United Bank reserves the right to modify job duties or job descriptions at any time.
At United, we value all of the relationships we have built since 1839. We are committed to providing each relationship with an unmatched level of service. While we offer competitive products, services, rates, and technology, the level of service we provide and our commitment to building relationships is what sets us apart from our competitors. Our 211 full-service banking offices and 15 loan origination offices in West Virginia, Maryland, Virginia, Ohio, Georgia, Pennsylvania, North Carolina, South Carolina and Washington, D.C. are each built on customer service and commitment to the community. United is backed by a history of safe, sound and secure banking practices that have allowed us to navigate through decades of changing economic environments. Because of this, our employees, customers, shareholders and communities can rely on us to be their banking partner for decades to come. We are committed to nurturing an inclusive culture that is reflective of the communities we serve; celebrates diversity of thought, backgrounds, and experience; promotes respect and a shared purpose; and aligns with our core values. Member FDIC. Equal Housing Lender. Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job posted: 2023-04-26