Aptive is seeking a Media Specialist with demonstrated experience to assist with conducting proactive media outreach that supports an integrated communications campaign. This outreach is focused on sharing the agency’s strategy, accomplishments and goals and garners buy-in from employees and stakeholders for our Government client.
The candidate must have robust experience working with national media outlets conducting proactive media outreach to assist with the placement of articles, pitching interviews of senior leaders and subject matter experts and issue corrections to reporting errors.
The candidate must have strong writing, communication and organizational skills to support a federal client. Candidate must thrive in a high pressure, fast paced, executive-level environment and communicate effectively within a multi-disciplinary team.
This mid-level position is located onsite at client offices in Washington, DC. This is a contingent position based on contract award. Estimated start date is early-August 2020.
- 5+ years experience working with national media conducting proactive media outreach.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Exceptional PowerPoint presentation, strategic communication, written, oral and listening skills.
- Leadership skills and aptitude to make informed decisions and recommendations.
- Consultant experience supporting large, complex, executive-level federal clients.
- Availability to work in Washington, DC.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a public trust clearance.
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S.
- Prepare media pitches for campaigns and initiatives, leveraging senior executives and subject matter experts.
- Craft articles, media pitches, oversee contact with the media, schedule and support.
- Pitch articles in print and web publications and outlets.
- Review articles for accuracy, provide corrections and submit corrections to appropriate media outlets and provide corrected media stories for review.
- Excellent organizational skills with a high-level attention to detail and ability to carry out multiple tasks under tight deadlines.
- Proven experience managing projects and meeting deadlines.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft 365, particularly PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Strong time management, creativity, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to get up to speed quickly on complex issues; desire to work in a fast-paced, rapidly evolving environment.
- Capable self-starter with a drive to get all types of work done and high attention to detail.
- Excellent ability to communicate across most mediums and settings.
- Knowledge of military and Veteran populations.
ABOUT THE CLIENT.
The Veterans Benefits Administration (VBA) is an agency of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs. It is responsible for providing a variety of benefits and services to service members, Veterans, and their families.
Aptive is a modern federal consulting firm focused on human experience, digital services and business transformation. Our employees receive competitive compensation, along with company-paid health care and short-term disability plans. We also offer a 401K plan with company match, paid time off, flexible savings accounts, commuter benefits and company-sponsored professional education opportunities.
Our work inspires people, fuels change and makes an impact. Join our team to be part of positive change in your community and our nation.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Aptive is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, parental status, veteran status, age, disability or any other protected class.
Veterans, members of the Reserve and National Guard, and transitioning active-duty service members are highly encouraged to apply.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-06-02