H2 Performance Consulting is subject to the Vietnam Era Veteran’s Readjustment Assistance Act as a Federal Contractor and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and strives to build a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status or disability status. Additionally, as mandated under Executive order 12989, H2 is required to verify employment eligibility of selected candidates through the Department of Labor’s – E-Verify.
H2 Performance Consulting (H2) is seeking a Multimedia Specialist to provide Public Affairs (PA)/Visual Information (VI), and Multimedia support for Commander Naval Surface Forces Pacific (CNSP) Public Affairs Office. The support will create communication products to include the Surface Warfare Magazine, for use by U.S. Navy’s Surface Forces, internal and external audiences.
The Multimedia Specialist responsibilities will include:
- Providing submission guidelines, deadlines, and expectations as required by the Public Affairs Officer, Editorial Advisor, and Executive Editor to external and internal customers submitting content for the Surface Warfare Magazine.
- Working with external Government and civilian printing agencies to ensure product technical requirements, deadlines and materials meet industry standards and client timelines and format.
- Preparing and submitting draft printed copy of the Surface Warfare Magazine to COMNAVSURFPAC Public Affairs Officer for review, edits and approval.
- Producing finished electronic copy quarterly of the Surface Warfare Magazine.
- Preparing press-ready electronic files for delivery to contracted printing agency.
- Preparing and developing electronic graphics for use in publications or events as specified by the COMANVSURFPAC Public Affairs Officer.
- Provide multi-media and graphic design support for the Surface Warfare Magazine and other COMNAVSURFPAC Public Affairs tasks to enhance written articles, public websites, website and sub-website templates, original artwork, graphics, and video to enhance text and visual media releases.
- Providing color correction and processing of imagery that meets or exceeds the highest ethical standards followed by the DoD and the news industry.
- Creating communication products for use by the U.S. Navy’s Surface Forces, internal and external audiences.
- Researching and collecting relevant content, including submitted and/or publicly released articles, visual information and graphics that relates to the themes for respective Surface Warfare Magazine editions.
- Creating original written content for inclusion in the magazine as directed by the COMNAVSURFPAC Public Affairs Officer
- Performing photographer duties for studio appointments to take official Government photographs and other official command activities and/or events using DSLR camera and studio lighting.
- Security Clearance: “Secret” level clearance.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent training and/or experience
- Recent print and electronic magazine graphic designing, editing, proofing, archiving, and layout experience. Must be able to take COMNAVSURFPAC public affairs approved stories/text and create visually appealing print and electronic media by using a variety of methods such as color, type, photo illustration, infographics, and various layout techniques.
- Expert knowledge and skill in Adobe software – Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign and Acrobat. Thorough knowledge of computer equipment, and peripherals including printers, scanners, and digital cameras. Demonstrated ability to use Microsoft Office software such as Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Basic proofreading skills; ensuring that requested text changes are incorporated into publications undergoing revision.
- Thorough knowledge of the methods and techniques of graphic design and printing. This includes preparing electronic files for printing and providing detailed written instructions to printers for a variety of complex reproduction elements such as type specifications, paper stock, ink, folding, scoring, and binding techniques.
- Advanced knowledge and use of DSLR cameras, studio lighting equipment, and lighting techniques.
- Experience working collaboratively with all internal and external team members, i.e. social media, website developers, Navy mass communication specialists and public affairs officers, etc. to effectively get the Surface Force commander’s message across in building out editorial calendar for each magazine edition; ensuring that all content is up to Naval Surface Forces Pacific visual and editorial public release standards, including visuals; constantly evaluate content success and pass feedback on to Surface Force Pacific public affairs leadership.
- Able to prioritize and manage multiple tasks and meet agreed-upon deadlines.
- Experience fulfilling internal requests for images, logo artwork or requests for design assistance on a variety of projects from PowerPoint presentations to pamphlets; designing email templates for a variety of internal and external email communications as well as standard templates in Word, PowerPoint, Excel and InDesign for command and Force-wide use.
Qualified candidates may submit their resume to the career section of our company website at http://www.h2pc.com. All resumes will be reviewed within 5 business days and those candidates we wish to further in the application process will be contacted via email/phone to schedule initial phone screens.
Job posted: 2020-11-18