Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
The Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), VHA, requires professional support services to assist the Deputy Under Secretary of Health (DUSH)—who is accountable for specific health care programs enabling and supporting virtually every aspect of patient care provided to Veterans– with the development, administration, and management of various emerging initiatives, some of which are legislatively mandated. Aptive serves as the Veterans Health Administration’s (VHA) strategic partner to transform the country’s largest and most complex organizations – with 1,600 care sites across 50 states and a staff of approximately 300,000 employees caring for over six million Veterans – into a clinically led, outcome-focused, and technology-enabled organization.
Aptive requires Policy Analysts to support VHA in developing an improved organization and implementing critical initiatives. This includes measuring success, outcomes, and the improvement of programs. To assist in managing multiple concurrent transformation initiatives, the Analyst will plan and organize work, prioritize projects, and deliver and monitor business results. Regular client interaction, including potentially daily scrum meetings, facilitate scheduling of activities and rebalancing resources. Aptive Consultants will exhibit a well-recognized ability to rapidly engage and leverage the knowledge of VHA program operations and the Administration’s previously established goals and objectives to support a range of high-profile initiatives.
This position will require hybrid support with the onsite location being in Washington, D.C.
The ideal candidate can experience a wide range of projects to gain experience and skillsets and share your ideas in an environment that values innovation. Our culture is aimed to create an environment where employees lean into servant leadership, are encouraged to elevate, and are empowered to shift the drift, that is, to be innovative and transformative in career and client service.
- Performs tasks related to policy and regulation analysis and development related to a government agency.
- Tasks may include the analysis of specific issues, identification of alternatives, white paper development, development of policy review papers, development of policy directives and handbooks, and other analytical tasks focused on VA policy.
- Support client directors/managers with high-level, cross-functional focus and assistance.
- Delivery of high quality, senior executive-level deliverables.
- Evaluate analytical results and develop new and adapted analytical techniques.
- Prepare briefings, studies, and reports for presentation to senior executive level and senior client officials.
- Provide performance analysis and process improvement using industry best practice methodologies and tools.
- Review and analyze reports involving workload data, performance metrics, and other statistical information for content, completeness, and timeliness, and develop executive key summary information.
- A bachelor’s degree
- Must have 3+ years of relevant experience
- Must have the ability to support the creation and review policy documents
- Previous work experience within the policy arena for a federal agency
- Must be able to use qualitative and quantitative analytical skills to assess the effectiveness of the operations.
- Must be able to effectively use data to present program status and make recommendations on improving business processes.
- Experience drafting notes, implementation plans, and adhering to strict timelines
- Responsible for interfacing, both orally and via written communications with various stakeholders
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use and management of Microsoft Suite of products: Excel, PowerPoint
- Strong written and communication skills to include developing reports, briefings, and similar artifacts
- Masters degree
- Knowledge/experience with use of VHA’s interagency Centralized Mail Portal
- Knowledge/experience with legacy appeals and/or appeals requiring adjudication under the Veteran Appeals Improvement and Modernization Act of 2017 (AMA)
- Knowledge/experience with VBA
- Experience with VHA Central Office
Aptive is a modern federal consulting firm focused on human experience, digital services, and business transformation. We harness creativity, technology, and culture to connect people and systems to impact the world. We’re advisors, strategists, and engineers focused on people, above all else.
We believe in generating success collaboratively, leaving client organizations stronger after every engagement and building trust for the next big challenge. Our work inspires people, fuels change and makes an impact. Join our team to be part of positive change in your community and our nation.
Aptive is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, parental status, veteran status, age, disability, or any other protected class.
Veterans, members of the Reserve and National Guard, and transitioning active-duty service members are highly encouraged to apply.
COVID 19 Vaccine Statement
This position supports a federal government contract and is subject to government vaccination mandates or other customer vaccination requirements. All new hires are required to report their vaccination status and proof of vaccination, or an adjudicated accommodation may be required for employment.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2023-05-09