MACPAC, a non-partisan legislative branch agency that advises the U.S. Congress on Medicaid and CHIP policy issues, is seeking a policy analyst to join its team. Qualified candidates should:
- have prior professional experience working on Medicaid or CHIP policy issues at a state or federal agency, health plan, or research or advocacy organization;
- be skilled in policy analysis including identifying important policy questions, marshaling evidence from multiple sources, and developing policy options;
- be able to effectively communicate orally and in writing, translating technical information into clear and concise information for lay audiences;
- be able to produce work that is objective and non-partisan; and
- be able to balance multiple tasks and work under deadlines, both independently and in collaboration with other team members.
We are particularly interested in candidates with technical expertise in Medicaid provider payment policy or integration of care for dually eligible beneficiaries. A good sense of humor and tolerance for ambiguity are also appreciated.
Experience working with Medicaid administrative data or federal survey data is useful but not required.
A graduate degree in health policy, health services research, public policy, public health or other related field and at least five years of policy experience are desirable.
This is a full-time position based in downtown Washington, DC with federal employee health and retirement benefits. Salary competitive with those in other federal agencies. Depending upon timing, successful candidates may be asked to telework. Interested applicants should submit a resume, cover letter, and two brief writing samples by clicking on “apply for this position“.
Job posted: 2020-05-01