Who we are:
ACT | The App Association represents more than 5,000 app makers and connected device companies in the mobile economy. Most of our members are small tech companies with passionate people who build apps that make the world better, more fun, and more efficient. You may already have some of their apps on your phone. Our team is professional, collaborative, and effective, and we are the leading industry resource on market strategy, regulated industries, privacy, and security.
Who you are:
ACT | The App Association is seeking a policy associate who is curious about and interested in the legal and policy issues affecting the small business software industry. You will help to develop and execute the App Association’s advocacy efforts on a variety of issues, such as privacy, cybersecurity, international trade barriers, intellectual property rights, disability access, and workforce development. You should have some experience working with various U.S. government agencies, including the Department of Health and Human Services, the Department of Commerce, the Federal Communications Commission, and the office of the U.S. Trade Representative. You must be comfortable with drafting error-free legal filings on a deadline. You will report to the senior global policy counsel and work in our Washington, DC, office.
- Strong research and writing skills
- Knowledge of and experience with U.S. legislative and federal administrative agency processes
- Ability to interact professionally and independently with internal and external stakeholders, including public officials
- Excellent verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Knowledge of technology, as well as related policy issues, and their interplay with small business innovators
- Self-starter with the ability to effectively handle multiple tasks
- Demonstrated ability to build and foster effective relationships and networks with others
- JD or advanced degree required
- Research and draft advocacy, including legal and policy filings across a variety of U.S. venues (Congress and federal agencies) as well as international governments
- Develop advocacy initiatives in planning and executing strategies as the public policy landscape evolves across a wide range of venues and issues
- Represent the App Association in meetings with government officials across a variety of venues, including in congressional offices, the Federal Trade Commission, the Federal Communications Commission, the Department of Commerce, and other relevant federal agencies.
To apply for the membership manager position, please send your resume, cover letter, and salary expectations to email@example.com.
Job posted: 2019-02-28