Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Your Responsibilities Include
- Produce policy analysis and research material for internal and external audiences, including but not limited to issue summaries, regulatory comments, issue briefs, advocacy tools, testimony, op-eds, and other material needed.
- Review and analyze federal and state legislation in the health care and veterans’ health care policy portfolios.
- Collaborate with grassroots and government affairs teams to build and support effective strategies to advance legislative and regulatory policy priorities.
- Translate complex issues into talking points and written text for communications and grassroots teams.
- Identify innovative real-world policy opportunities to advance our community’s vision.
- Assist in the development and production of the annual policy agenda for CVA.
Knowledge and Skills You Bring to the Organization
- Experience working in a related field (i.e. public policy analysis, Executive or Legislative Branch position in related offices or committees, etc.).
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills.
- Strong analytical, research, and problem-solving skills.
- Proactive communication and high sense of urgency.
- A firm commitment to advancing a society of equal rights and mutual benefit where people can succeed by creating value for others.
Standout Candidates May Also Bring
- Knowledge of or experience working on health care issues and policies, at the state or federal level.
- Experience or policy familiarity with TRICARE or the Department of Veterans Affairs.
- Experience developing successful legislative or coalition strategy.
- Prior military experience or familiarity with the military community is preferred, but not required.
Here are some examples of the positive impact our grassroots staff have made in the lives of Americans across the country.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2023-05-18