Policy Communications Manager
With thousands of beautiful spaces built for travel and life, Sonder is transforming the future of hospitality. Each Sonder is purposefully selected, designed and maintained – customized to reflect the vibe of its neighborhood. Whether your stay is two days, two months or two years, in a studio or a six-bedroom, Sonder ensures a unique, yet consistent experience. And with 24/7 on-demand service, crisp linens, and over 200 other quality standards, we’re taking stay further for guests all around the world.
Sonder started a little over four years ago, and now has thousands of spaces in cities across the globe. We’re seeking a fierce executor to join our team and help support Sonder’s public affairs efforts as we launch new buildings, products and markets.
As Sonder pioneers an entirely new category of accommodations, the Communications team is responsible for elevating Sonder’s brand in the media and online. The Policy Communications Manager will work cross-functionally with Sonder’s policy and legal teams to articulate the ways Sonder works collaboratively with cities to address pressing challenges, as well as how it promotes and gives back in every community where it operates. Ideal candidates will have a background in communications, politics or public affairs and a track record of success crafting press strategy, messaging and pitching stories.
AT SONDER YOU WILL:
- Create proactive press strategies emphasizing Sonder’s positive impact on the community
- Ideate tactics and storylines to generate earned media and communicate Sonder’s value proposition for cities and developers
- Work cross-functionally with internal and external partners to coordinate launches, events and initiatives
- Serve as an on the record spokesperson
- Field inquiries and respond to media requests in a timely manner
- Craft compelling messaging and copy that clearly explains complex topics
WHAT WE LOOK FOR:
- B.A. or B.S. from a 4-year university
- 7+ years in communications with on the record experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with an ability to craft tailored messaging for varying audiences
- Ability to think creatively, problem-solve and work cross-functionally across diverse teams
- Background in public affairs, real estate, travel, fashion, technology, or design a plus
- A love for travel and fast-paced environments
We also have great benefits to make your life easier so you can focus on what you’re best at:
- Competitive salary
- Generous stock option plan
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Unlimited vacation
- Annual free credits and discounts to stay in Sonders
- A company with a huge vision, a dynamic work environment, and a team of smart, ambitious and fun to work-with colleagues!
Depending on your location:
- Daily catered lunches
- All the coffee you can imagine
- Snack-filled kitchen
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2019-09-24