Policy Communications Manager
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we’re just getting started.Facebook is seeking an experienced Policy Communications Manager to lead the company’s communications efforts in our Washington, D.C. office. Candidates should demonstrate an ability to devise effective national and local media strategies, manage complex policy communications issues, and be highly organized, energetic and detail-oriented. Crisis communications experience are a must.
- Develop strategies for, and own day-to-day execution of, public relations programs for some of Facebook’s most important public policy issues
- Counsel cross-functional partners in policy, legal, marketing, and other groups within the company on a broad set of communications matters ranging from media engagement strategy to crisis management
- Prepare briefing materials for senior executives, and manage their public appearances
- Have a deep knowledge and understanding of the policy and political landscape, both in the United States and globally — and serve as a conduit between Menlo Park and D.C.
- Protect and enhance the reputation of Facebook and its products
- Educate users, press, bloggers, analysts and influencers about core Facebook products and initiatives
- Respond to and route incoming media requests in D.C. and state capitals
- Manage agency support
- Develop and pitch stories
- Prepare messaging and other external materials such as blog posts and videos
- Support product launches, policy advocacy, and other announcements
- Bachelors’ degree
- 12+ years of experience working within the government industry or within policy communications at a private or publicly traded company
- Experience with campaigning and managing policy issues on a national or international basis
- Post-graduate or professional degrees
- Experience in the internet/technology industry
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Facebook is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or you may call us at 1+650-308-7837.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2017-09-24