Policy Communications Manager
Engine is looking for a policy communications manager to effectively articulate the organization’s pro-startup policy positions and help tell the stories of how government policies have created opportunities and roadblocks for startups.
As Engine’s Policy Communications Manager, you will:
- Develop communications strategies to promote Engine’s policy positions to stakeholders in government, industry, and the country’s growing startup ecosystem;
- Coordinate all of Engine’s media outreach to establish Engine’s voice in the national conversation about policy issues that affect startups;
- Work with Engine’s external consulting firms to ensure that Engine’s statements, blog posts, op-eds, and other written materials are well-written, timely, and publicized;
- Write weekly profiles of startups and newsletters updating stakeholders on policy developments;
- Manage Engine’s online presence, including website and social media;
- Help maintain database of Engine’s contacts, including thousands of startups across the country.
The ideal candidate:
- Has a minimum of two years working in communications:
- Has a familiarity with technology policy issues;
- Has a demonstrated interest in the intersection of technology and entrepreneurship;
- Believes in advocating for policies that encourage startup growth;
- Is a prodigious and skilled persuasive writer who can write quickly and concisely about complicated policy issues;
- Has experience working in policy/politics.
Please send a cover letter explaining your interest in the position and a resume to email@example.com. Reference “Policy Communications Manager” in the subject line.
Job posted: 2019-02-24