The Policy Director will support a wide range of strategic activities for a national organization representing not-for-profit hospice programs across the nation, with an emphasis on policy support, development, and analysis. The ability to pursue research questions, analyze complex and evolving trends and synthesize and clearly communicate findings in a fast-paced environment are core requirements of the position. Additionally, the Policy Director will work cohesively with the team to support member relations, stay organized in the face of shifting priorities, and work independently and under tight deadlines when necessary.
The Policy Director will also be a member of the Healthsperien, LLC team supporting a wide range of strategic activities for our firm’s health care clients, with an emphasis on providing regulatory, policy, and strategic advice. Clients include some of the country’s top health plans, provider organizations, industry coalitions, and innovators.
- Support development of team-based analysis to members and external audiences on various aspects of health care policy with a keen focus on hospice
- Draft membership newsletters, with the help of content experts and assessing need for improvements to meet member needs
- Manage the development of policy alerts
- Develop background materials and summaries of policy concerns
- Research and support development of membership materials, including drafting and editing written materials, such as formal papers, memos, PowerPoints, and comment letters
- Bachelor’s degree required. An additional 3-5 years of experience in health care policy preferred. Compensation will be commensurate with education and experience
- Knowledge and interest of hospice care, the Medicare hospice benefit, and advanced illness
- Broad understanding of dynamics of health care policy and the sector’s trends; health care
- industry experience and/or relevant coursework
- Interest in advancing constructive changes to the health care system
- Strong research and analytical skills with attention to detail and familiarity with health care publications and data sources
- Experience monitoring, summarizing, and analyzing federal legislation and regulatory materials
- Excellent writing and communication skills and the ability to present complex information to internal and external audiences with varying backgrounds and in a variety of formats, ranging from PowerPoint presentations and short summaries to detailed memos and white papers
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Self-managed to use initiative and time management to prioritize work and deliver results
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritize with tight deadlines
- Professional demeanor and presence including the ability to handle confidential information Must have a desire to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and to meet the needs of multiple demands as they arise
How to Apply:
To apply, please send a resume, cover letter including salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org, and indicate “Policy Director” in the subject line.
The National Partnership for Hospice Innovation (NPHI) is a member-comprised organization driven by passion and integrity to help people live fully through the end-of-life. Our most important priorities, policies and initiatives are learned at the bedside, not in the board room. Our members are community- focused hospice, palliative care, and advanced illness providers across the country focused on the highest quality, person and family-centered, end-of-life care.
Healthsperien, LLC is a Washington, D.C.-based policy and health care consulting firm focused on strategic, regulatory, legislative and implementation issues. With our D.C. team and additional staff in San Francisco, we operate at the intersection of public policy, business, analytics, and strategic relationships and coalition engagement. We bring a “system” perspective to our work and specialize in payment and delivery models, regulatory issues facing Medicare, Medicaid and commercial payers, and emerging trends in value-based payment.
The firm is led by Founder Tom Koutsoumpas, who has decades of experience as a leader in the health care field and is a national expert on health system transformation with a special emphasis on advanced illness and hospice. Principals Jeanne De Sa, Andrew MacPherson, and Ray Quintero round out the leadership team with substantive health care industry, government, association and policy experience and expertise on a wide variety of issues. Our broader team includes 14 additional talented individuals with varied and complementary backgrounds in law, public policy, business, economics, public health, operations and strategic communication. Together, we believe in the importance of innovation and partnerships in shaping a future health care system that addresses the goals of improved access, lower costs and high-quality care.
Job posted: 2019-10-17