Salary and Benefits: Compensation commensurate with experience. Health insurance and paid time off will be provided.
The President will be responsible for developing and implementing initiatives that advance the organization’s primary mission. Candidate will be responsible for developing the organizations budget as well as leading all aspects of the association’s operations, including retaining and recruiting members, representing the organization in the media and public forums, managing consultants and staff.
- Lead the organizations activities, including governance
- Identify and recruit prospective members and retain existing members.
- Develop and manage budget in consultation with Treasurer and Board of Directors
- Monitor all legislation and regulations as introduced to identify priority items for NJCJI engagement.
- Work with members and government affairs consultant to develop and advance legislative initiatives concern to the membership.
- Monitor the New Jersey state and federal court dockets for cases of significance to NJCJI members; identify and collaborate with outside counsel where appropriate to participate as amicus.
- Ensure compliance with all state and federal laws relating to not-for-profits
- Manage compliance with applicable lobbying laws and regulations
- Bachelor’s Degree in political science or related fields
- At least five years’ experience managing a non-profit organization, and/or five years’ experience with the New Jersey legislative process, and/or five years’ experience managing an organization or department
- Strong organizational and communications skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite – Outlook, Word, Excel
- Law degree or other applicable postgraduate education
- Strong knowledge of New Jersey politics
- Experience providing quotes or interviews to the media
- Strong knowledge of New Jersey tort law
- Non-profit management experience
- Fundraising experience
The New Jersey Civil Justice Institute is the State’s leading organization advocating for the business community on matters of law and legal policy. NJCJI promotes a fair and predictable civil justice system, and defends the value of the rule of law in protecting innovation and fostering economic growth. NJCJI advocates for legislation and regulations that promote fairness, justice, and the rule of law, and advocates in the courts for clear, consistent and efficient principles of law.
Please email cover letter and resume to Tara McCreedy at email@example.com
Job posted: 2020-10-01