Public Affairs Advisor
Purpose of Position: Develop and implement advocacy efforts at the state and local level. Promotes thoughtful local and statewide policy that strengthens protections of pet animals and the ability to provide socially conscious sheltering. Serves as a liaison to the community regarding animal welfare advocacy. Assists and advises on DFL binding agreements. Advises on estate management including bequests and wills.
· Represent the League as an advocate for animal welfare in state legislative, local government and community forums.
· Manage contract lobbyists to pursue animal welfare legislation locally and statewide.
· Advise senior staff on status of pending legislation and community feedback.
· Serve as liaison with various community and animal welfare groups and actively participate in coalitions and committees designed to promote animal welfare.
· Work closely with Community Relations department to develop internal communications to foster staff and volunteer understanding and support of the League’s positions on animal welfare issues and develop messaging regarding animal legislation and other animal welfare issues covered in the media.
· Develop and monitor budget.
· Educate policy makers on Socially Conscious Animal Communities.
· Testify at bill hearings and city council meetings.
· Monitor and evaluate departmental/area processes and procedures to maximize efficient uses of resources.
· Participate in inter-departmental meetings and discussions to support and develop League initiatives.
· Partner with outside legal counsel on the review and approval of partner contracts; and supporting the development team with wills, estates, and bequests for Dumb Friends League constituents.
· Other duties as assigned.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2019-08-22