Public Affairs Coordinator
Public Affairs Coordinator
The Public Affairs Coordinator is a member of a collaborative public affairs team. The Public Affairs Coordinator supports the development and implementation of public policy and communications strategies to achieve and advance Essential Access Health’s mission and strategic goals. The Public Affairs Coordinator reports directly to the Chief External Affairs Officer.
Description of Duties
- Draft and disseminate action alerts, policy updates, fact sheets, and Course of Action monthly e-newsletter
- Maintain legislative priority tracking sheets
- Support the maintenance of organization’s contact management system and help keep contact information up-to-date
- Create content and graphics for social media platforms, websites, and advocacy and awareness campaigns
- Develop, distribute, and coordinate printing of marketing materials promoting Essential Access Health’s programs and services, including Learning Exchange training offerings and events
- Identify outreach opportunities and conduct outreach activities as needed to advance department and organization’s strategic goals
- Provide administrative support for the Chief External Affairs Officer and other Berkeley-based members of the Executive Leadership Team as needed
- Support Berkeley office functions including security, tracking and organizing inventory, placing supply orders, and managing mail
- Additional duties and administrative support, as assigned.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to perform this job.
- Successful candidate must be mission-driven and passionate about protecting and expanding access to sexual and reproductive health care for all
- Minimum of two years-experience in public policy and/or communications in the sexual and reproductive health or broader health field
- College degree, with a focus on political science, communications and/or marketing
- Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills (applicants must provide writing samples) and attention to detail
- Excellent verbal, presentation and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to successfully manage multiple projects and consistently meet deadlines
- Strong understanding of media/social media and the current political landscape
- Ability to be resourceful, adapt quickly to change and adjust well to shifts in priorities in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
- Proficient graphic design skills and comfort using design tools and other platforms
Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations
A current California Driver’s License, current registration and current automobile insurance coverage is required if you drive on company business.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 25 pounds. The vision requirements include: close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Access Health’s mission is to champion and promote quality sexual + reproductive health care for all. All employees must be supportive of Essential Access Health mission and goals and be able to handle mature subject material about sexual and reproductive health in a confident and professional manner
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit a letter of interest and resume and salary requirements to:
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with Criminal Histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
Essential Access offers a competitive salary + benefits. Essential Access is an M/F, Disabled, and Vet EEO/AA Employer.
Job posted: 2021-04-21