Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Public Affairs Manager
Key Capture Energy
Remote/Houston, TX/Albany, NY
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & PURPOSE OF POSITION:
- The Public Affairs Manager will implement a communications strategy and oversee all internal and external communications across a broad and diverse range of platforms and media.
- Develops and implements a communications strategy for the corporation that builds and maintains a positive corporate brand among target audiences including potential commercial counterparties; tech and finance investors and analysts; clean energy industry reporters; and federal, state, and local policymakers.
- Manages consultants and communications firms employed to support the communications strategy.
- Oversees corporate communications and branding in various online and print platforms such as LinkedIn, Twitter, and industry magazines.
- Oversees and produces, from concept to completion, a broad array of digital and/or print promotional and communication materials to support the communications strategy.
- Oversees the development and maintenance of the corporate website including methods to deliver message, ease of navigation, and clarity of information; ensures that all content is current and relevant.
- Serves as the initial point of contact for general inquiries from external parties, such as media and the general public.
- Writes, reviews, and/or distributes press releases and other public-facing communication.
- Arranges interviews for company’s executives and management in support of the communications strategy.
- Develops, composes, distributes, and implements polices to enhance the efficiency of the public affairs department and to further develop the building and maintaining of a positive corporate brand.
- Works closely with CFO and CEO to ensure external investor presentations align with messaging.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
WORK EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Organized with attention to detail.
- Strategic thinker with the discipline to adhere to a discreet set of goals
- Superior ability to write in a journalistic style that is customary for corporate and external publications.
- Ability to offer sound media relations advice to senior leadership.
- Excellent managerial and organizational abilities.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work with corporate management, employees, media, and the larger community.
- Ability to coordinate efforts of various teams in order to present a coherent message.
- Bachelors degree in English, Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, or related field.
- Multiple years of experience in public relations and comprehensive marketing experience required.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2023-05-21