San Francisco, CA
Thumbtack is a local services marketplace that connects customers with the right professionals for anything they need done. Every day we rally around the impact Thumbtack has on people’s lives – from house cleaners, to yoga instructors to general contractors, we’re helping small businesses grow and thrive. Join our growing team in the quest to build THE destination for anything you need done.
About the Public Policy Team
Thumbtack is launching a public policy team to help us tell the Thumbtack pro and customer story to policymakers and opinion leaders.
About the Role
As the first member of our policy team, you will be at the ground floor of strategic decisionmaking about our policy priorities. You will work closely with communications, marketing, legal, our economist, and our executive team to tell the story of our positive impact in the community. You will be primarily responsible for building this function, so entrepreneurial spirit is a must. This position reports to the general counsel.
- Build an effective and credible government affairs strategy that identifies and meets the needs of our growing business;
- Establish Thumbtack’s profile and name identification with policymakers, including state and local governments, nonprofits, foundations, national organizations, and community leaders;
- Engage directly with communities to explain the company’s positive economic and community impact across the country;
- Monitor and engage with federal, state, and local legislation that affects our core business;
- Develop partnerships with other stakeholders in the small business space.
- Experienced political professional with significant campaign, legislative, policy, and/or political advocacy experience.
- Polished communicator with superior written and oral communication skills.
- Experience working cross-functionally with a range of teams in a fast-paced environment.
- Stellar analytical and strategic thinking skills.
- Tech company experience, especially in the platform marketplace context.
- Political experience at the state and local level.
More About Us
Thumbtack is a local services marketplace that connects customers who need to get things done with local, skilled professionals who can help. From plumbers and painters to DJs and personal trainers, Thumbtack helps millions of customers find the right professional for their project in over 1,000 categories. Founded in 2009 and headquartered in San Francisco, Thumbtack is backed by over $250 million in investment from Sequoia Capital, Google Capital, Tiger Global Management, Javelin Investment Partners and Baillie Gifford.
Thumbtack embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Job Posted: April 19, 2017