Public Relations Account Director
*Please read the entire job posting and apply only if your qualifications match. We are only able to consider/review candidates whose qualifications match our needs as outlined below.*
FischTank is looking for an experienced PR professional (5-7 years post-college industry work experience) to join its team as an Account Director. The ideal candidate will have the following experience:
- conducting media outreach to top tier, trade, and regional media outlets (print, online, and broadcast)
- account management experience – serving as the primary client contact for day-to-day communications and strategic initiatives
- management experience of junior employees/team members – past experience running accounts and managing account teams is a must!
- complete understanding of media relations campaigns, building out strategy documents, and executing on said strategy with team to produce impactful media results
- strong pitch writing and ideation abilities
- media monitoring for trends and client news
- a knack for identifying key journalists for outreach
- strong writing and phone skills
This role has a heavy focus on account management – you will be running ~8 accounts – so the candidate should have an aggressive strategy and experience doing so. This is an opportunity to work with a terrific team of PR pros with great clients, who love getting big time media (and have a monthly contest to prove it).
**Candidates with direct experience in sustainability, healthcare/healthcare technology, and biotech will be prioritized**
We are seeking someone who can come in with a postive attitude and and manage accounts from day one, and who is willing to outwork everyone to make our clients happy. This role will report directly to the VP and two company principals.
As we are a growing firm with a strong pipeline of new business, there is tremendous opportunity for an enterprising individual to move quickly through the ranks and leave their own imprint on the firm. FischTank provides employees with a great benefits package including healthcare (medical/dental/vision), 401k, flexible time off, work from home, flexible work hours, cell phone reimbursement, kitchen full of healthy snacks, and more. *note we are currently remote*
Email us today to submit your resume for consideration: firstname.lastname@example.org
Job posted: 2020-12-17