Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Regional Communications Manager
In this role, you will work with various partners throughout the Stand Together community in states across the country. With priorities ranging from influencing public policy with Americans for Prosperity’s unmatched grassroots footprint, to promoting the meaningful work of catalyst partners through Stand Together Foundation’s philanthropic investments, this role provides endless opportunity to flex your media relations muscles.
Are you looking for an opportunity that will hone your earned media and your strategic communications ability—while allowing you to take the next step in your career? Then we hope to consider you for this expansive role on our communications team.
As Regional Communications Manager, you will serve as the communications lead supporting and promoting the wide-ranging work of Stand Together’s partners in business, government, communities, and in education across the country. You will be responsible for the implementation of all communications-related activities in your assigned states to generate positive brand awareness and position earned media opportunities.
Stand Together exists to empower those dedicated to the betterment of themselves and others. We believe that, with the right mindset and support, anyone can improve their life and meaningfully contribute to the lives of others.
Your Responsibilities Include
- Work with stakeholders across the Stand Together community to develop and implement long-term communications strategies with tactics to achieve those goals
- Work with respective stakeholders and capability teams to proactively identify earned media opportunities to advance policies, principles, and create a movement of millions with our shared goals
- Work alongside capability teams to craft compelling, media-facing materials such as media advisories, press releases, ICYMIs, etc.
- Establish messaging frameworks to guide grassroots, content, digital, and creative capabilities in various efforts
- Collaborate with digital and creative teams to develop collateral to maximize earned media and grassroots impact
- Proactively build your own relationships with press, editorial boards, producers, bookers, and hosts to ensure media coverage as needed
- Identify media opportunities in traditional and non-traditional venues
- Work to build relationships with in-state bookers and establish brand identity as go-to experts and credible influencers
- Advise and collaborate with stakeholders to inform messaging strategy and earned media opportunities surrounding paid media efforts, such as direct mail, TV, and radio advertisements
- Create rapid-response materials and backgrounders; circulate key media hits and narratives that should be addressed in each state for long-term reputation management positioning
- Draft messaging and copy for public and grassroots-facing materials, including but not limited to landing pages, press releases, opinion pieces, website, and website blog posts
- Pitch media on stories and events
Knowledge and Skills You Bring to the Organization
- 5-8 years of experience in media relations, strategic communications, public policy, or political campaign work.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills and an ability to distill complex policy into accessible and digestible language and products that get noticed
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and adapt to rapidly changing conditions. If you are overwhelmed by a fast-paced and demanding environment, this position will not be a good fit
- Must be able to work productively with a broad range of colleagues and stakeholders across the country
- Willing and able to work collaboratively with many stakeholders and various voices
- On the record or journalism experience preferred but not required
Standout Candidates May Also Bring
- Agency, congressional, executive branch (state or federal), or political campaign experience is a major plus
- Philanthropic, charitable, or non-profit focused experience or knowledge
- Grassroots experience or experience working in a regional capacity with media or public affairs across multiple states
Learn more here
Job posted: 2023-05-25