APCO Insight®, the strategic research consultancy within global communication firm APCO Worldwide, is seeking a Research Analyst to join its team in Washington, D.C.
APCO Insight® works with many of the world’s leading companies, associations, nonprofits and public-sector organizations on a diverse range of challenges. Our core research capabilities support reputation management, brand and campaign communications, issues and crisis management, message and creative development, thought leadership, and consumer and cultural trends.
The Research Analyst will support APCO Insight team members in executing research assignments on behalf of the organization and clients. While this position is predominantly an opinion research position and focused on quantitative and qualitative methods, APCO Insight is increasingly involved in assignments employing secondary research techniques, digital and social media research, data analytics, artificial intelligence, and machine learning.
- Provide day-to-day support of primarily quantitative but also qualitative opinion research projects for various global clients
- Prepare and monitor quantitative data collection
- Prepare and manage qualitative research recruitment and focus group coordination
- Clean, code, and manage survey datasets
- Conduct data processing and analysis including frequencies, cross-tabulation, and significance testing
- Visualize data insights using charts, graphs and tables and develop reports in PowerPoint
- Ensure data and reporting quality
- Use digital research tools to analyze the conversation landscape and identify target audiences and influencers
- At least 1-2 years of relevant experience
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in a related field
- Excellent PowerPoint & Excel skills
- Proficient with SPSS, R or other comparable statistical programs
- Working knowledge of descriptive and inferential statistics, strong analytical skills
- Familiarity with digital and social media research tools such as Quid, Affinio, Brandwatch or other similar programs
- Able to multi-task, strong time management and organizational skills
- Excellent written and oral skills and the ability to communicate within an organization
Furthermore, the ideal candidate will have an interest in working on studies related to health care, health policy, reputation management or public affairs issues management.
Founded in 1984, APCO Worldwide is an award-winning, independently owned global communication and business strategy firm with offices in major cities throughout North America, Europe, the Middle East, Africa andAsia. APCO combines a global perspective with local expertise to help clients around the world manage challenges, opportunities, perceptions andreputations. APCO clients include corporations and governments; industry associations and nonprofit organizations; and six of the top 10 companies on the Fortune 500. The firm is a majority women-owned business.
APCO Worldwide, named “Public Affairs Agency of the Decade” by The Holmes Report and one of the “Top Places to Work in PR” by PRNews, offers a collegial work environment, countless training and development opportunities, and a competitive compensation and benefits package.
Are you ready to challenge convention and challenge yourself?
Click here to apply: https://app.jobvite.com/j?cj=okNq9fwq&s=Public_Affairs_Counc
Job posted: 2019-02-16