Senior Communications Manager
Postmates is on a mission to help people unlock the best of their cities — and their lives — with an industry-leading on-demand “anything” network. We’re the first and still leading company in the on-demand space — with a fleet of more than 400,000 Postmates, the largest network of merchants in the U.S. and a brand that has become a verb in pop culture. We’re looking for people who aren’t afraid to be first — or eccentric, and who are passionate about creating the new, new.
The Communications team is responsible for telling the Postmates story at scale and driving positive press. Our team leads the communications strategy on a diverse range of topics including business momentum and growth, product and market launches, the future of the on-demand space and its workforce, and next-generation technologies. We are a small, high-energy team with a passion for people, culture, progressive policymaking and great storytelling. If you’d like to belong to one of the country’s most dynamic and forward thinking teams, come tell us your story.
As a member of this team, you’ll work closely with the broader brand and communications teams to help tell our story at scale across business media. You’ll also work closely with the finance, merchant, fleet and growth marketing teams to help advance their efforts in driving growth, engagement and a deeper understanding of the momentum behind our brand.
You must be a PR and media relations pro, who also happens to be a team player that can work in a fast-paced environment across many teams. You are an ace writer, are well-connected with business media outlets and are comfortable generating written content across channels (press releases, pitches, internal communications, blog, talking points, etc). We are looking for an effective and creative communicator who has the ability to create and tell interesting stories.
- Compose, research and edit communications materials including press pitches, press releases, policy talking points and white papers, OpEds, blogs, talking points and speeches/presentations for executives.
- Assist in preparation of company spokespeople for media engagements.
- Support broader Communications team in the day to day handling of media inquiries.
- Build relationships with key business media contacts at the national and local levels.
- Build and maintain press lists.
- Work with multiple stakeholders across the organization to support key Company objectives while ensuring consistency across the company’s brand & voice.
- Spearhead internal communications initiatives that help connect company employees to the brand.
- Work with multiple stakeholders across the organization to support key Company objectives — by leveraging, shaping and better articulating the brand across all channels and projects.
- 7+ years experience as a business communicator; experience at a fast-paced public or private entity required.
- On-the-record media experience preferred.
- Strong media relationships preferred experience in tech, on-demand or other fast-paced business model preferred.
- Excellent writing skills with the ability to draft and package top-notch content on rapid deadlines.
- Media and strategic campaign planning experience required.
- Strong pitch and verbal communications skills with the ability to diplomatically advance a position.
- Sound judgment on media, business and policy issues.
- Eccentricity required — you are not afraid to create new things and think differently. In fact, you kind of live for that.
- Scrap factor: You are great at making tough, fast decisions based on business objectives.
- Passion for Postmates and a sense of humor preferred. Ok, required.
- Competitive salary and generous stock option plan (stay aligned with the long term value you create)
- Medical, dental and vision insurance and it’s 100% paid for by the company
- Tasty, healthy lunches
- Snack-filled kitchen (mostly healthy, but very tasty)
- Impact-first work environment (no politics, no pandering)
- Huge company vision (we need you to build the future, not just maintain the status quo)
Learn more here
Job posted: 2019-12-05