Senior Communications Manager
San Francisco, CA
Are you intrigued by the thought of disrupting a trillion dollar industry through technology? At Opendoor, we’re on a mission to make it simple to buy and sell homes. The traditional process is broken, with an average home taking over 90 days to sell and costing thousands of dollars. We empower everyone with the freedom to move by making buying and selling a home stress-free and instant. We’ve built an exceptional team, seen strong growth, served over 80,000 customers (with an annual run rate of $5 billion), and raised $1.3 billion in funding. With Covid-19, the world is changing, and real estate is no exception. The coming years present a tremendous opportunity for innovation as we explore new frontiers and scale nationwide.
Opendoor is seeking an experienced Senior Communications Manager to join our growing communications team. This person will play a critical role in helping Opendoor educate consumers, promote our leadership and support our ambitious growth within our markets. We are seeking a teammate who can effectively develop and manage local and consumer communications programs, tell our story to the media and other audiences and drive thought leadership. This position is remote friendly.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Developing and drive local and consumer communications programs in Opendoor markets.
- Coaching and preparing city General Managers and other key spokespeople for press meetings and speaking events.
- Driving the strategies and tactics for new market launches from start-to-finish.
- Regularly spotting local trends and monitoring for emerging or active issues relevant to Opendoor.
- Executing thought leadership efforts that promote our leadership in the industry
- Amplifying Opendoor coverage through strong relationships with reporters and influencers
- Developing thoughtful, well-written communications assets (blog posts, press releases, bylines, etc.)
- Maintaining knowledge of the residential real estate industry, housing markets and other core areas of relevance.
- Measuring and reporting program results and business impact.
- Working with our PR agency to coordinate communications efforts.
We’re looking for teammates who have:
- A bachelor’s degree and minimum 8+ years of communications experience in-house or in an agency
- An ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- A results-oriented mindset and is a self-starter with strong follow-through
- Creativity, are curious and motivated
- Strong local media relationships and an ability to convert relationships into coverage
- Excellent written communication skills and the ability to turn complex messages into press-friendly language
More About Us
Want to learn more about us and how we are revolutionizing the home buying and selling process? Learn more about us on our website, check out our profile on The Muse to learn more about our culture from our team members, or read our blog posts to hear about the work we are doing.
We Offer the Following Benefits and Perks:
– Full medical, dental, and vision with optional 70% coverage for dependents
– Flexible vacation policy
– Commuter Benefit stipend
– Generous parental leave
– Paid time off to volunteer
Please note that these benefits and perks are available only to Full Time team members and do not apply to contract roles.
Opendoor values Openness
Our team celebrates our diverse backgrounds. We believe that being open about who we are and what we do allows us to be better. Individuals seeking employment at Opendoor are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or other protected status under all applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-10-22