Senior Communications Specialist
Vibrent, a rapidly growing health-tech start up, is looking for a Jack- or Jill-of-all-trades Senior Communications Specialist to support the Communications team in the successful implementation of communications programs, through strategic and analytical media relations and influencer outreach, content marketing, newsletters, videos, events and awards. The Senior Comms Specialist will work with Comms team to confidently communicate information about Vibrent’s programs, technology competencies, business model, industry thought leadership and other company related information to various external and internal audiences. Candidate must be self-starter and able to quickly learn and apply new knowledge in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Strategy and planning
- Support team leaders with the development of communications plans and timelines
- Draft press releases, media alerts and other media materials as needed
- Draft media kit materials to include fact sheets, backgrounders, bios, etc.
- Write compelling proactive pitch angles and actively reach out to media and execute media strategy and generate high quality media coverage
- Lead and/or participate in editorial meetings and actively contribute to discussions around editorial targets, campaign ideas and pitch angles
- Research media contacts and create and continuously update targeted media lists
- Forge relationships with media influencers that can be leveraged to secure high-profile coverage, aggressively pursuing new media targets on a regular basis
- Develop detailed briefing books to prepare interviewees for interviews, including anticipated questions, talking points, reporter background, etc.
- Prepare media training materials. Research and manage the execution of editorial calendar opportunities.
- Assist in preparation of media training materials
- Facilitate interview calls and in-person interviews, providing interviewee support as needed
- Research and manage the execution of editorial calendar opportunities
- Monitor and respond to HARO leads
- Develop media outreach reports delivering comprehensive information on all opportunities, relationships, results and challenges
Speaking Opps and Awards
- Research and secure strategic speaking opportunities for Vibrent Health’s CEO and company principals
- Research and draft entries for strategic awards programs for Vibrent Health’s CEO, company principals, and the company
- Assist in preparation of presentations and materials for leadership speaking appearances, All Hands meetings, conferences, etc.,
- Support event planning and coordination for media events and internal events, such as media tours and VIP site visits
- Support exhibits and other off-site events as needed
- Assist in researching, vetting, and securing guests and logistics for Vibrent Talks speaker series
Content Development and Marketing
- Assist in content marketing efforts by researching and securing earned, third-party placement opportunities for whitepapers, case studies, bylines, blogs, vlogs, podcasts, infographics, and other content marketing collateral
- Assist in video production, including script development, location scouting, scheduling shoots, preparing call sheets, and assisting crew as needed
- Collaborate in drafting and editing blogs, scripts for videos, vlogs, and podcasts, bylines, and newsletter articles, including research and interviews as needed, and coordinate subject matter expert approval
- Edit and proof content, such as white papers, case studies, marketing collateral, scripts, and newsletter articles
- Edit UX copy for the All of Us participant portal, according to Vibrent Technical Style Guide
- Assist in production of the company newsletter The Vibe, including creating editorial calendars, writing stories, photo selection, design and layout and distribution using tools including SharePoint, Canva and Iterable.
- Assist in researching industry topics to help in creating thematic content calendars
- Follow and read relevant industry and client blogs to keep abreast of trends and opportunities for response
- Demonstrate superior written and verbal communication skills
- Establish strong communication with managers, keeping them abreast of all activities, successes and challenges
- Contribute to a team culture of open communication and collaboration
- Keep team leaders apprised of the status of projects and notify senior team members of existing or potential problems
- Demonstrate commitment to the company by actively participating in training sessions and company and department programs
- Assist junior staff members with workload challenges and help them develop effective time management and prioritization skills
Requirements and Education:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Public Relations, Marketing or Journalism
- Background in health or technology preferred
- Minimum of five years of relevant communications, PR or marketing experience with a proven track record of developing and executing successful communications campaigns
- A willingness and ability to “go where the needs are” as a team player
- Exceptional writing skills, including the ability to quickly get up to speed on and produce knowledgeable content on an unfamiliar subject matter
- High attention to detail
- Know-how and understanding regarding the importance of working collaboratively with multiple stakeholders to achieve mutual goals
- Comfortable working with minimal supervision and in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to handle multiple assignments efficiently
We offer a competitive compensation package, growth opportunities, convenient northern Virginia location, stability and longevity as we are fully funded through a large grant for the next 5 years. We enjoy working with the latest tools and technologies including enterprise mobile apps, fitness sensors, medical devices, cloud computing, machine learning, big data and analytics. We partner with national leaders in healthcare, technology and research.
Vibrent is an exciting and innovative B2B2C SaaS-based mobile health technology company that stands at the epicenter of a global transformation in healthcare. We are seeking talented and experienced professionals who are highly motivated to be a part of something special. We are proud to be the chosen as the Participant Technology Systems Center of NIH’s high-profile Precision Medicine Initiative / All of Us Research Program.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-06-01