Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Senior Communications Specialist
SENIOR COMMUNICATIONS SPECIALIST
Our team in Wayne currently has an opening for a Senior Communications Specialist
YOUR ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
This position is remote.
- Protect and strengthen the internal and external reputation of the company and its leadership team in the Americas region
- Support consistent implementation/adaption of Brenntag’s global communication strategy in the region and support consistent messaging across the region
- Support transformation communications and other topics relevant to internal stakeholders
- Manage, plan, prepare and execute regional-specific internal communication measures, tools, and activities including content development in line with global and regional strategies
- Optimize internal channels and formats to grow communications reach and impact
- Support planning, creation and implementation of internal and external communication strategies and activities for
- Brenntag’s two global business divisions Brenntag Essentials and Brenntag Specialties
- Monitor local news coverage on the company (incl. online and social media)
- Support regional crisis communications by managing and executing local crisis communication
- Organize regional/local events of the company (townhalls etc.)
- Collaborate in global corporate communications activities along with peers from other regions (Europe, Middle East and Africa and Asia Pacific) and the global communications team
- Collaborate with region’s leaders and key personnel to guide and educate on Communication related topics and activities
- At least 5 years of experience/profound background in PR, media relations or journalism and/or profound background in corporate communications in a multinational company, preferably B2B
- Experience in the field of internal and external communication; ability to plan, adapt and implement the standard set of internal and external communication formats
- Knowledge of the regional media landscape
- Experience of working with and advise senior leaders
- Experience in working with international, diverse teams and stakeholders
- Good project management experience
- Experience in handling and controlling external service providers (agencies)
- Strong writing and presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Self-confident and professional personal appearance
- Creativity and ability to proactively develop own ideas
- Ability to communicate complex issues in an effective manner
- High standards of accuracy and formal quality
- Fluent in English and Spanish
- Portuguese and French is desirable
- Customer service focus including the ability to speak diplomatically, problem solver and negotiations skills
- Ability to manage, motivate, and work with others to accomplish objectives
- We aim to create an environment where the best people want to work, where they can turn their passion into their job and realize their full potential.
- Individual development, on-the-job training, and development programs designed to help our employees grow in their careers.
- Competitive pay and incentives.
- Various healthcare plan options as well as 401(k).
We look forward receiving your application.
Brenntag provides equal employment opportunities to qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Brenntag North America, Inc. and its subsidiaries use E-verify, a government-run, web-based system that allows employers to confirm the eligibility of their employees to work in the United States. For more information, please go to https://www.e-verify.gov/employees or view the poster at https://e-verify.uscis.gov/web/media/resourcesContents/E-Verify_Participation_Poster.pdf.
Job posted: 2023-05-08