Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Senior Government Affairs Manager
Cox Automotive is currently looking for a Senior Government Affairs Manager to join our team. This is a remote, work-from-home role. You must reside in the United States. Preferred locations are Arizona, California, Colorado, Nevada, Oregon, Utah or Washington.
The Senior Government Affairs Manager will support the Registration and Titling Solutions and Collateral Management Services for Dealertrack, a Cox Automotive brand. They will identify, monitor and analyze state and federal public policy issues and activities, as well as legislative initiatives, which will affect the business lines and markets in which Dealertrack is participating (or considering new business endeavors). The position will utilize monitoring systems to track legislation, regulation and policies affecting our business interests, evaluate them and recommend policy solutions. The Senior Manager will generate analysis and communicate changes in polices and/or other significant developments in the state and at trade associations to other members of the Government Affairs Team. This role will also influence states and drive adoption of electronic solutions offered by Dealertrack or that represent future opportunities for Dealertrack. Additionally, the position will advance Dealertrack as a thought leader within jurisdictions, trade associations and the industry.
- Research and analyze state and federal legislation, policy and regulatory developments that influence our industry (specifically Dealertrack and its products) to evaluate business impacts and potential opportunities and program innovation.
- Ensure information is shared within the Government Affairs team and internally within Cox Automotive, as necessary, to ensure consistent approaches are advanced by the team.
- Develop options for consideration in setting Dealertrack public policy position to align business opportunities and avoid negative impacts.
- Generate analysis and communicate changes in policies and other significant developments to members of the Government Affairs team to ensure consistent communications, generate wider analysis and broader input.
- Ensure policy proposals support Dealertrack business objectives to align to Dealertrack strategic direction.
- Build a network of trade associations, industry partners and others to support policies advocated by Dealertrack to advance the company’s programs and business development.
- Drive process and influence to ensure adoption of Dealertrack priorities within the jurisdictions.
- Drive policy analysis across business functions and develop consensus behind a common policy internally and externally to ensure a broad approach, consistency, and response to trends.
- Monitor industry trends and directions for alignment to Dealertrack’s overall business strategy.
- Recognize and identify problems and procedural irregularities, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions to support, alter or advance Dealertrack’s direction.
- Influence both internal and external constituents to advance Dealertrack objectives.
- Lobby, advocate and execute efforts to the appropriate executive, legislative and regulatory areas to ensure Dealertrack is represented, and its business objectives are advanced.
- Understand the drivers and detractors in the motor vehicle community and the general business issues to drive innovation, new ideas and/or changes in Dealertrack’s programs and business lines.
- Support development of Requests for Proposals for opportunities received from states or other governmental agencies.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline and 8 years’ legislative or similar government affairs experience. The right candidate could also have a different combination, such as a master’s degree and 6 years’ experience in a related field; a Ph.D. and 3 years’ experience in a related field; or 12 years’ experience in a related field.
- Ability to speak and write clearly and persuasively and to think strategically.
- Resourcefulness and creativity, and an ability to work collaboratively in a fluid and structured organizational environment.
- Ability to analyze information and convert related activities into a comprehensive work plan.
- Ability to adapt approach quickly based on the uniqueness of the jurisdictions and administrators.
- Ability to manage several complex and difficult projects simultaneously and meet deadlines.
- Poised personal presence to represent the organization at the highest levels.
- Comprehensive knowledge of all Microsoft Office applications.
- Request for Proposal response experience
To be employed in this role, you’ll need to clear a pre-employment drug test. Cox Automotive does not currently administer a pre-employment drug test for marijuana for this position. However, we are a drug-free workplace, so the possession, use or being under the influence of drugs illegal under federal or state law during work hours, on company property and/or in company vehicles is prohibited.
Compensation includes a base salary of $127,800.00 – $213,000.00. The salary rate may vary within the anticipated range based on factors such as the ultimate location of the position and the selected candidate’s experience. Position may be eligible for additional compensation that may include an incentive program.
The Company offers eligible employees the flexibility to take as much vacation with pay as they deem consistent with their duties, the Company’s needs, and its obligations; seven paid holidays throughout the calendar year; and up to 160 hours of paid wellness for their own wellness or that of family members. Employees are also eligible for additional paid time off in the form of bereavement leave, time off to vote, jury duty leave, volunteer time off, military leave, parental leave, and COVID-19 vaccination leave.
About Cox Automotive
At Cox Automotive, people of every background are driven by their passion for mobility, innovation and community. We transform the way the world buys, sells, owns and uses cars, accelerating the industry with global powerhouse brands like Autotrader, Kelley Blue Book, Manheim and more. What’s more, we do it all with an emphasis on employee growth and happiness. Drive your future forward and join Cox Automotive today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses – which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications – is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer – All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
Job posted: 2023-08-23