Senior Manager (Communications)
Come join a company that tackles fascinating problems and find solutions to complex challenges. With deep expertise in influenza science, our team works on cutting-edge research, pioneering technologies to optimise the manufacturing process and improve the effectiveness of influenza vaccines. We operate as one integrated global organisation, drawing together expert staff from different countries to collaborate. Together, we are working on the front line to protect communities from seasonal influenza and global pandemic threats. When you join Seqirus, you join a team dedicated to making a difference in people’s lives. It’s a feeling of possibility, creativity, and purpose that inspires us every day.
Supports the achievement of the Seqirus strategic objectives by helping to drive employee engagement at the Holly Springs site, enhancing the company’s reputation in the local community and highlighting the site’s role in the manufacture of seasonal influenza vaccines and pandemic preparedness. The role is a dedicated communications partner to the Holly Springs Site Leadership Team and works closely with the Site Head, Site Leadership Teams, HR Head, EHS Lead, and the Global Seqirus and CSL Communications teams.
- Develop and implement an employee communications plan to support site and corporate strategic objectives. Attend SLT offsite meetings and work as part of the Site Leadership Team to ensure site strategic objectives are met.
- Create and distribute monthly business reports and weekly news to Holly Springs (HSP) employees and maintain and develop other channels to maximize effectiveness of communications across the site. Ensure the HSP news and HSP site information are up to date and accurate on the Seqirus intranet and CSL Now.
- Lead communications to support major change the site as well as the roll-out of global programmes and major site-based initiatives. Develop and ensure adherence to guidelines for site communications and announcements. Develop an administrative communications network to support timely dissemination of announcements.
- Help drive attendance and ensure the smooth running of local and Global Town Halls at the site. Provide local leaders with advice on positioning and content and assist with the development of visual assets as required. Provide end-to-end, on-the-ground support for the GLG and SQLT Town Halls.
- Develop and implement an external communications plan to enhance the company’s reputation in the region, reinforcing Seqirus’ global brand positioning. Support the participation of HSP leaders in local activities and events and represent Seqirus as required.
- Working with the Commercial Communications Director, serve as the media contact for the HSP site and increase positive local media coverage; identifying opportunities in the local community/regional media to promote Seqirus. Ensure leaders are media trained and well prepared in advance of interviews. Refer media inquiries about material or corporate issues to ED of Global Corporate Affairs.
- Plan develop and implement Seqirus’ corporate sponsorships, community investment and charitable partnerships, ensuring associated programs are aligned with the global framework, and support reputation and employee engagement objectives.
- Plan, budget and coordinate internal events (e.g. Community Partnership Day, celebration events, charity activities etc.), external events and site visits from local government stakeholders and community organisations.
- Help mitigate reputation risks identified through membership of the Risk Management Committee (when formed). Act as the communications lead on the HSP Emergency Management Team, collaborating to develop and implement the communications plan, escalating as appropriate.
- Manage the Seqirus brand, style and visual identity guidelines, providing advice to users.
- Contribute content for use in Seqirus employee communications channels, social media channels, the Seqirus website and other external platforms.
- Contribute to global communication strategies and closely collaborate with communications colleagues in other locations. Keep abreast of global developments through participation in CSL’s global communicators forums.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations, English, Journalism or Business
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in communications
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
- Proven writing, editing and creative skills
- Pharma/Biotech or similarly regulated environment experience preferred
Built on 100 years of experience in influenza, Seqirus is a new global company with an exciting future. It was created in 2015 when parent company CSL Limited acquired the Novartis Influenza Vaccine business and combined it with its own longstanding influenza vaccine operations. Seqirus is currently the world’s second largest influenza vaccine company and a major partner in the prevention and control of influenza globally. It is a reliable supplier of influenza vaccine for Northern and Southern Hemisphere markets and a transcontinental partner in pandemic preparedness and response.
Seqirus operates state-of-the-art production facilities in the US, UK and Australia, and manufactures influenza vaccines using both egg-based and cell-based technologies. It has leading R&D capabilities, a broad portfolio of differentiated products and commercial operations in more than 20 countries. In Australia and the Asia Pacific region, Seqirus is a leading provider of in-licensed vaccines and specialty pharmaceuticals. Seqirus is the sole supplier of a unique range of products made in the national interest for the Australian Government, including antivenoms and Q fever vaccine. Seqirus’ parent company CSL is a leading global biotherapeutics company with a dynamic portfolio of life-saving innovative medicines. It operates in over 35 countries with more than 20,000 employees.
We invite you to take a look at the many career possibilities available around the globe and consider building a career that MAKES A DIFFERENCE. Become part of the Seqirus team today!
If you are an individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the
application process, please click here.
Seqirus is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Seqirus does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies with respect to the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact the Seqirus human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to Seqirus. The obtaining of prior written authorization from the human resources department is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and Seqirus. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained, any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of Seqirus. Seqirus shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-07-22