Senior Manager Communications
Vroom is an innovative end-to-end ecommerce company that is revolutionizing the car buying experience. Our scalable, data-driven technology brings all phases of the vehicle buying and selling process to consumers wherever they are and offers an extensive selection of vehicles, transparent pricing, competitive financing, and contact-free, at-home pick-up and delivery. We have experienced tremendous growth and have become a disruptive force in the automotive industry. Vroom is an exciting, dynamic workplace, and there’s no better time to join the team than right now. We are in search of a passionate Senior Manager, Communications to build the external and internal communications discipline at Vroom. The ideal candidate has a strong knowledge of integrated communications strategy including experience leading earned and owned efforts to build brand visibility and trust. This is a tremendous opportunity to establish and strengthen Vroom’s reputation as a leading brand in a growing and dynamic category. The Senior Manager will work closely with our internal business teams, marketing team and external agency partners to craft communication strategies and content that drive interest across consumer and business press, as well as with influencers and on social media. Reporting to the VP, Marketing, the ideal candidate will work closely with our C-level team to ensure communications are aligned with and supporting the overall goals of the business In addition to leading external communications, the Senior Manager will partner closely with our People & Culture team to define and create visibility for our employer reputation and enhance internal employee communications. .
- Develop the strategy and lead the execution of 360-degree communications campaigns for consumer and business audiences
- Manage external agency partner to deliver high-quality strategic communications including developing and managing all pitch strategies, content calendars, press releases, messaging, interview placement and prep
- Working with internal and external partners, develop data-driven content, as copy, graphics or video, to enhance pitch opportunities and placements
- Identify internal and external spokespeople and or influencers as necessary to tell and enhance the Vroom story
- Establish earned content strategy and oversee execution within social channels
- Develop monthly communications reports against pre-established KPIs to share with senior management
- Partner with our investor relations and legal teams to provide guidance on communication strategy related to these areas
- Work with our People & Culture team to define internal communications strategy and roadmap, as well as create visibility for Vroom as an employer of choice.
- 7-10 years of experience driving strategic communications for a consumer brand, in internal or an agency environment
- Experience in media relations for both consumer and business press
- Experience building a communications practice and/or team for an organization including implementing best practices and technology to deliver results
- Strong writing and editing skills that can adapt communications for multiple audiences
- Experience reviewing and manipulating data to derive insights and or key questions to develop more interesting stories and content
- Experience establishing and overseeing content strategy for social channels
- Strong knowledge of digital communications, emerging platforms and engaging key digital influencers
- A flexible thinker who can move quickly from strategy to execution in a fast-paced environmentImpeccable attention to detail and quality and appreciation for their contribution to the overall brand reputation
- Thoughtful and curious team member with excellent problem-solving skills and continual desire to do more, better.
BenefitsThis full-time role offers competitive compensation; health, dental, and vision insurance; a 401k plan; fully company-paid short term disability, long term disability, and life insurance; access to a healthcare concierge service with virtual visits; and 15 annualized days of paid vacation.But our biggest benefit is being part of a low-ego, high performing team that’s transforming the used car market into a modern, online and data-driven industry. We are looking for people who want to be a part of a contemporary startup culture. What gets us out of bed is working with talented people on a mission that matter Commitment to Diversity and Equal Employment OpportunityVroom is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to creating a work environment where all employees can find their drive. To do that, we champion a workplace where each and every person is treated with dignity and respect and is valued for their unique perspective and contributions. Our values of SPEED: Service, Progress, Employees, Engagement, and Development are only possible in an environment where every individual has the ability to bring their whole selves to work and contribute fully.Vroom’s policy is to maintain a working environment that encourages mutual respect, promotes harmonious and congenial relationships between employees, and is free from all forms of discrimination and harassment of any employee (or applicant for employment or service provider) by anyone, including supervisors, co-workers, vendors, or clients. Harassment and discrimination in any manner or form is expressly prohibited. There is no tolerance for discrimination or unequal treatment of any kind on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, sexual and reproductive health decisions, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status or civil partnership/union status, familial status, military or veteran status, predisposition or carrier status, domestic violence victim status, alienage or citizenship status, unemployment status, sexual violence or stalking victim status, caregiver status, or any other characteristic protected by law.This practice applies to all terms, conditions and privileges of employment including, but not limited to, recruitment, selection, promotion, demotion, transfer, layoff, rehire, termination of employment, development and training, compensation, benefits and retirement.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-09-28