Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Senior Manager, Executive Communications
The Senior Manager, Executive Communications will help drive strategic executive engagement, and be responsible for the crafting of communications for senior leaders within Disney Entertainment Television (DET). This role is an excellent opportunity to showcase strategic thinking and expertise with superior writing capabilities and versatility. Reporting to the Director, of Executive Communications, this position will focus on delivering high-quality communications for executives overseeing Disney’s world-class entertainment business.
This position works closely with partners across DET to guide executive engagement in strategic and meaningful ways that strengthen the reputation of both the business and its leaders. This individual will also work with peers across the Company to ensure coordination and integration when multiple speakers from Disney are involved.
This role requires frequent interaction with senior executives. Candidates should have experience interfacing with principals and be comfortable acting as an advisor and thought partners.
This role will also require strong press skills and regular engagement with members of the entertainment and business press corps.
In terms of day-to-day responsibilities, this role will focus on written materials including speeches and internal written communications, press pitching, coverage analysis, as well as strategic executive communications guidance for assigned executives. Influencing and guiding leadership engagement and outreach efforts will be important to help inform and drive segment-wide communications plans.
This role is part of a larger executive communications team responsible for internal and external engagement, strategic positioning, and stakeholder event management.
- Develop and support internal and external strategic executive engagement plans for senior leadership.
- Develop internal and external communications — presentations, video segments, scripts, talking points and executive perspectives.
- Manage and maintain key entertainment and business reporter relationships to ensure strategic executive representation in media.
- Prepare key messages for executives participating in high-profile events, conferences, or other forums where media may be present.
- Conduct presentation preparation and rehearsals and be on-site day of the event to manage logistics and handle executive needs (may require domestic and international travel).
- Manage content development and presentation design for internal and external audiences.
- Provide research support and coverage analysis of executives.
Requirements and Qualifications
- At least 7-8 years of corporate/foundation/government executive communications experience
- Ability to translate complicated concepts into clear, compelling language for audiences ranging from key stakeholders to media to consumers
- Strong press skills to effectively develop a pitch strategy and execute it independently.
- Strong research and coverage analysis skills
- Demonstrated ability to develop effective executive communication content requiring minimal editing and rework.
- Demonstrated leadership, strategic thinking and problem-solving skills
- A highly collaborative approach
- Ability to manage constantly changing priorities
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to deal effectively with people at all levels of the organization
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and work under pressure
- Experience creating Keynote and PowerPoint presentations
- Previous experience with The Walt Disney Company including in-depth knowledge of Disney business and organizational sensitivities
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
The hiring range for this position in Burbank, CA is $123,000.00 to $165,000.00 per year. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate’s geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. A bonus and/or long-term incentive units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.
About Disney General Entertainment Content:
The Disney General Entertainment Content group creates original entertainment and news content for the Company’s streaming platforms and its cable and broadcast networks.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: Disney Entertainment, ESPN, Disney Parks, and Experiences and Products. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business we call Disney General Entertainment Content.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Job posted: 2023-08-23