Senior Manager, Internal Communications
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Senior Manager, Internal Communications
The Senior Manager of Internal Communications will report directly to the Chief of Staff for the Enterprise Products + Platforms. This position will be responsible for designing, developing and implementing results-driven communication strategies that help drive associate engagement and deliver on business results.
The Communications lead will develop a strategy that enables focus on the key leverage points for communications. As part of the communication strategy, they will develop and execute on a measurement strategy to determine the effectiveness of the communications tactics. Will direct and maintain a diverse set of communication channels. Build and maintain strong relationships with business leaders and line of business communicators and partners to ensure early inclusion in initiatives that will impact associates and to provide counsel on handling communications to associates, managing reputational risks and providing perspective on likely associate reactions. Develop and implement integrated communication strategy for stakeholders, creating communication plans and channels that align with business objectives. Develop, implement, and continually assess quantitative and qualitative metrics to monitor business impact of internal communications. Work hand-in-hand with partner groups to ensure alignment on cultural and communications initiatives.
Manage events for EP2 TOH team, including virtual and offsite meetings.
- Lead an internal communications function; developing strategic communication strategies that support the strategic direction of the organizational goals; set research, metrics, and innovative communication channel strategies, align strategies with communication
- Identify key messages and craft materials that effectively convey the appropriate information to a diverse audience
- Partner closely with Tech and Design and HR and Risk to create collaborative communication strategies and materials to ensure our associates feel part of one organization
- Elevate EP2 products, platforms, and people across Capital One through the use of storytelling and innovation methods to engage our associates
- Team and vendor management, including resource planning, allocation and performance management and productivity tools. Budget management, including forecasting and reporting tools, and chargeback models.
- Produce intranet content and maintain EP2 properties to be consistent with the team branding.
- Lead Events team for Top-of-House EP2
- Lead an events team that manages key large cross-team events, from logistics to messaging to stakeholder management (e.g., All Hands, Promotion dinners, Holiday parties).
- Determine capacity of events team and whether they can/should take on additional events with the “people / culture” focus (e.g., community service events, external speaker series, podcasts, virtual friday series, etc.)
• Bachelor’s degree or Military experience
• At least 5 years of management experience
• Master’s Degree in Business, Mass Communications, Education, Marketing/Public Relations, Journalism or English
• At least 7 years of experience in team and vendor management
• At least 7 years of experience in leading organizational change and communication projects
• At least 7 years of experience in developing and implementing business communication and organizational change management strategies, plans and deliverables.
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City’s Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia’s Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One’s recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-05-05