Senior Manager, Public Affairs
For Current Kite Pharma Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job
Kite is now recognized as the world leader in Cell Therapy, and our Immuno-Oncology based pipeline has paved the way for exceptional expansion!
We are seeking a Senior Manager, Public Affairs to provide communications support for Kite’s business functions and to generate powerful internal and external strategic corporate content. This person will work in close collaboration with a dynamic Public Affairs Team and will be based out of our corporate headquarters in Santa Monica, CA.
Are you interested in creating engaging content with a focus on impacting patient lives? Come join us in our mission to cure cancer!
Essential Duties and Job Functions
- Generate corporate communications content for Kite internal and external channels including key areas of focus such as social media, intranet, executive and employee communications
- Develop an intuitive understanding of Kite’s business—as well as the functional areas that this role supports—to provide the best possible strategic communications counsel to leaders and their teams
- Surface exciting stories that support company narrative and build engagement and passion for Kite internally and externally
- Together with the Public Affairs team, constantly push for new ideas, new platforms, new ways of connecting with employees; understand trends in communications and know what’s coming next, bringing these ideas to Kite and interpreting them in a way that works for our audiences
Knowledge, Experience and Skills
- Ability to create quick turn, sharp and engaging content in multiple formats
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communications skills
- Proven track record planning and manage change
- Demonstrated executive presence and comfort in working with senior leaders
- Strong background in employee communications and engagement; knowledge of healthcare and industry media
- A knack for navigating ambiguity and making decisions with incomplete information
- Ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams and agencies.
- Ability to manage multiple, high-urgency projects simultaneously; flexibility is essential
- Strong project management capabilities
- Understanding of regulations and principles specific to communications for a publicly traded biopharmaceutical company
Specific Education and Experience
- Minimum BA degree in communications, liberal arts or business/science oriented field
- Minimum 8+ years’ progressive experience in corporate communications, with an emphasis on internal/external communications, social media/digital marketing, project management and employee engagement.
- MA/MS/PhD and 6+ years of applicable experience also acceptable.
- Knowledge of Kite’s areas of therapeutic focus (oncology) and/or an interest in learning and understanding the science behind our business
- Prior experience in biopharmaceutical space is highly desired
Kite is a biopharmaceutical company engaged in the development of innovative cancer immunotherapies with a goal of providing rapid, long-term durable response and eliminating the burden of chronic care. The company is focused on chimeric antigen receptor (CAR) and T cell receptor (TCR) engineered cell therapies designed to empower the immune system’s ability to recognize and kill tumors. Kite is based in Santa Monica, CA. For more information on Kite, please visit www.kitepharma.com. Sign up to follow @KitePharma on Twitter at www.twitter.com/kitepharma.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the ‘EEO is the Law’ poster.
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Kite Pharma Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-06-02