Senior Manager, Social Media
At WeWork, we provide inspiring and flexible workplace solutions to help businesses – small, medium or large – thrive in more than 150 cities globally. The future of work is happening right now, and we are leading this moment. United by a common purpose, here we will empower tomorrow’s world at work. Join us on our journey as we give our members the freedom and support to push boundaries in their industries, and work to redefine our own.
About the Role
WeWork is seeking a Senior Social Media Manager to build and execute the content strategy and creation for WeWork’s social media channels (Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Facebook, TikTok), ensuring a cohesive brand voice and ultimately improving brand awareness, sentiment, and growing propensity for WeWork’s business goals, including driving new leads.
The senior social manager role at WeWork is a blend of strategy and creative. The successful candidate will display the curiosity to learn the WeWork business, be able to understand and interpret new business initiatives quickly and use social insights to drive the creative strategy around them.
The ideal candidate is a storyteller at heart, up to speed with media trends, and has an expert understanding of performance metrics and analysis. This person must be able to guide a performance driven strategy, get their hands dirty in regular operations, and represent the channel to partners and leaders across multiple departments.
- Strategy: Implement a creative, thoughtful and performance driven social media strategy across all WeWork social channels, ensuring alignment across business priorities. A clear multi-platform approach is a must.
- Content Creation: Source and build content through producing photo and video shoots, collecting content yourself.
- People management: Lead and mentor two direct reports to start, with the possibility to grow their team in the future.
- Analysis and data interpretation: Interpret social media insights using listening tools, analytics platforms, and SEO to guide campaigns, improve engagement, drive e-commerce and make recommendations as we iterate content.
- Monitoring, consumer engagement, and customer service: Lead operations for engaging with the WeWork community on social media often as the first touchpoint that many prospective members have with WeWork as a whole.
- 5–7 years of social media experience leading multiple products, ideally within a fast-moving corporate environment operating on a global scale.
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Marketing, Communications, English, Education, or related field.
- A propensity towards creativity. This is first and foremost a creative strategy job. The senior manager works directly on campaigns and content, and is responsible for the creative output on a given social campaign.
- Proactive, driven, and creative individual with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to balance multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Sound judgment and a keen instinct about what’s on-brand.
- Proficiency with social analytics, social advertising (e.g. Facebook Ads) and SEO.
- Proven experience with implementing successful paid social strategy and audience targeting.
- Video and/or photo editing experience is a plus.
- Experience with branded content and content development for brand partners a plus.
Life At WeWork
Being a WeWorker is more than just a job. We believe the magic of work is sparked by the passion you bring, the places you go, the people you meet and the purpose you follow. And it starts here. Here you will brush shoulders with those who dare to dream and do. Here you will be welcomed by a diverse community that embraces and inspires you—because together we can achieve more. Here we challenge ideas, and explore new ways of getting things done. Whether you are part of our Employee Community Groups, or part of a global project, we ask you to bring your open-minded attitude and collaborative spirit. In return, you will be part of a team where your unique perspectives are celebrated.
WeWork is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil status, pregnancy (or pregnancy-related conditions), gender identity or expression, transgender status or gender reassignment, race, color, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, religion or religious beliefs, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including genetic testing and characteristics), military or veteran status, or any other grounds or characteristic that is protected under the law.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-07-05