Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Senior Manager, US Policy
We’re Coinbase. We’re the world’s most trusted way to join the crypto revolution, serving more than 89 million accounts in more than 100 countries.
Our mission is to increase economic freedom around the world, and we couldn’t do this without hiring the best people. We’re a group of hard-working overachievers who are deeply focused on building the future of finance and Web 3.0 for our users across the globe, whether they’re trading, storing, staking or using crypto. Know those people who always lead the group project? That’s us.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for candidates who will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, and disrupt ourselves. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people who are excited to learn about and live crypto, because those are the folks who enjoy the intense moments in our sprint and recharge work culture. We’re a remote-first company looking to hire the absolute best talent all over the world.
Ready to #LiveCrypto? Who you are:
- You’ve got positive energy. You’re optimistic about the future and determined to get there.
- You’re never tired of learning. You want to be a pro in bleeding edge tech like DeFi, NFTs, DAOs, and Web 3.0.
- You appreciate direct communication. You’re both an active communicator and an eager listener – because let’s face it, you can’t have one without the other. You’re cool with candid feedback and see every setback as an opportunity to grow.
- You can pivot on the fly. Crypto is constantly evolving, so our priorities do, too. What you worked on last month may not be what you work on today, and that excites you. You’re not looking for a boring job.
- You have a “can do” attitude. Our teams create high-quality work on quick timelines. Owning a problem doesn’t scare you, but rather empowers you to take 100% responsibility for achieving our mission.
- You want to be part of a winning team. We’re stronger together, and you’re a person who embraces being pushed out of your comfort zone.
You will have an extraordinary opportunity to be on the leading edge of policy development in the cryptocurrency space, and will play an important role in advancing Coinbase’s policy strategy in the United States. You will work closely with government officials and regulators, as well as internal business leaders and other support functions like Legal, Compliance, and Comms, to ensure global alignment of our messaging across all U.S. policy functions. This position is fully remote, and can be located anywhere within the United States.
This role’s leadership responsibilities include:
- Helping to develop a best-in-class government affairs program.
- Shaping the policy environment and narrative around crypto, in alignment with the company’s overall policy strategy.
- Establishing relationships with policymakers as a trusted, thoughtful, and transparent resource.
- Identifying and engaging on legislative, regulatory, and industry risks and opportunities that optimally position the company’s reputation with federal policymakers.
What you’ll be doing (ie. job duties):
- Develop strategic plans to address growing interest from Congressional and regulatory policy makers on issues that affect the crypto industry at large, protect industry efforts, and improve the regulatory climate.
- Cultivate relationships with key policymakers and advocate before relevant elected officials and public entities including Congress, the White House, and other federal agencies.
- Develop and implement political and policy issue campaigns and strategies to advance Coinbase’s policy priorities at the federal level.
- Establish and implement strategies to communicate policy positions to internal and external stakeholders.
- Leverage external resources to advance Coinbase’s public policy objectives.
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- 10+ years experience in policy development or advocacy.
- Subject matter expert on financial services or technology issues affecting the crypto industry.
- Expertise in lobbying and communication with policymakers.
- Demonstrated experience in providing strategic leadership and counsel on federal affairs.
- Exceptional negotiation skills, and interpersonal, written & verbal dexterity.
- Skilled at interacting effectively with all levels of management, regulators and policy makers.
- Superlative writing and communication skills.
- Enthusiasm for working on novel issues in a turbocharged environment, combined with a proclivity for proactive collaboration when problem solving.
- Excellent recruitment and team-building skills.
- A strong interest in digital assets, crypto markets, and blockchain technology.
- Dynamic presentation and verbal communication skills.
- High EQ and a passion for acting like an owner.
Notice for Colorado applicants as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20). Target annual salary for this role performed in Colorado is either $245,225 or $289,000* + target bonus + target equity + benefits (including medical, dental, vision and 401(k)).
*The exact compensation at which this job is filled will be determined by the skills and experience of qualified candidates.
Please note that for employees based in the US, Philippines, Canada or Singapore, if your role requires you to be present in a Coinbase office or if you choose to be physically present in a Coinbase office or sponsored location, you will be required to be fully vaccinated from COVID-19 (as defined by applicable law). If you receive an offer, you will receive additional information about the grounds and process for an exemption.
Commitment to Equal Opportunity
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to accommodations[at]coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here).
Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2022-04-19