Senior Media Strategist
Ready to make an impact? If so, please read on!
The story of GEICO is a story of growth. By focusing on growing our people’s talents and ambitions, we’ve grown a lot…and we’re looking to grow by one more. We are hiring a highly motivated and enthusiastic individual to join our team as a Sr. Media Strategist. We’ve built a company – and a brand – that is as ambitious as it is stable. As you grow, we grow. Simple as that. It’s the foundation of everything we’ve accomplished and our successes yet to come. So if you’d like to grow together, and work for a dream brand let’s talk. We celebrate diversity and are driven by new perspectives; applicants of all backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
The Sr. Media Strategist will oversee a mix of media partners/initiatives within GEICO’s National Video and National Audio programs. Examples include linear TV and streaming video properties within Disney, ViacomCBS, NBCU, etc. as well as streaming and network audio properties like iHeart, Spotify, SXM Media, etc. A successful candidate is a self-starter and strategic thinker with proven media planning experience who will work to advance media strategies at GEICO. The work is highly visible and important to GEICO’s business objectives, so excellent presentation, analytical and critical thinking, communication and buying skills are required. This position reports directly to the National Media Manager and will be supported by an experienced team of media strategists and data analyst peers within our Analytics division.
- Oversee national media bought through various partners (planning, negotiations, optimizations, budgets, and reporting), both directly and in partnership with media agency
- Lead collaboration and measurement with internal stakeholders and external partners to analyze, interpret, and leverage data for informed decision making and strategy optimizations
- Research and implement innovative new ad products and buying technologies; remain privy to media industry trends and new opportunities to test and learn to be on the cutting edge
- Lead projects, discussions, presentations and timelines while initiating new processes to improve workflow
- Completed undergraduate or master’s degree
- 3-5 years of related experience across media channels including Linear TV, Streaming Video, Digital, Audio
- Strong understanding of the media landscape including consumption trends, audience/data targeting tactics, agency relations, buy stewardship, and media measurement
- Experience with hands-on buying including working with ad serving platforms/technology and managing external partners/vendors including contracts, annual negotiations, buy optimization, and pacing/delivery reporting
- Exceptional organization and prioritization skills to coordinate between multiple projects
- Demonstrated ability to clearly explain media concepts to broad audiences
- Excellent analytical, critical thinking, communication, and problem-solving skills
- Must be able to, with or without accommodation, perform the essential functions which include, but are not limited to seeing, hearing, typing and speaking
- Must be able to follow complex instructions, resolve conflicts or facilitate conflict resolution, and have strong organization/priority setting skills
- Must be able to multi-task
- Must be able to learn and apply large amounts of technical and procedural information
- Must be able to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
At GEICO, we make sure you have the support and resources to leverage and develop your skills, secure your financial future, and take care of your health and well-being. GEICO continually seeks to provide a workplace where everyone can be their authentic self. To help achieve this goal, we support associate-led Employee Resource Groups that foster a true sense of community. Through GEICO’s competitive benefits offerings and various training and development opportunities, we have you covered with our Total Rewards Program* that includes:
- Premier Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance with no waiting period**
- Paid Vacation, Sick and Parental Leave
- 401(k) Plan with Profit Sharing
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Training and Licensures
*Benefits may be different by location. Benefit eligibility requirements vary and may include length of service.
**Coverage begins with the pay period after hire date. Must enroll in New Hire Benefits within 30 days of the date of hire for coverage to take effect.
To ensure our associates receive the training and support needed to excel and thrive, associates hired for this position are generally required to work at the GEICO building during their orientation period. GEICO follows federal and state guidance and legal requirements regarding measures designed to limit the spread of COVID-19, including masking and social distancing. Measures may vary by GEICO location.
GEICO is an equal opportunity employer. GEICO conducts drug screens and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers.
GEICO is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to cultivating an environment where equal employment opportunities are available to all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, familial status, disability or genetic information, in compliance with applicable federal, state and local law. GEICO celebrates diversity and believes it is critical to our success. As such, we are committed to recruit, develop and retain the most talented individuals to join our team.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-10-06