Senior Policy Communications Manager
San Francisco, CA
Spin operates electric scooters in cities and campuses nationwide, bringing sustainable last-mile mobility solutions to diverse communities. Recognized for its consistent cooperation and collaboration with cities, Spin partners closely with transportation planners, elected officials, community groups, and university administrators to bring stationless mobility options to streets in a responsible and carefully orchestrated manner.
Based in San Francisco, Spin is a diverse team of engineers, designers, urban planners, policymakers, lawyers and operators with experience from Y Combinator, Lyft, Uber, local and federal government, and the transportation advocacy world. Spin was known for launching the first stationless mobility program in Seattle, and has since expanded to become the exclusive electric scooter partner in mid-sized cities like Coral Gables, Florida and Lexington, Kentucky, and one of a few permitted scooter operators in large cities like Denver, Detroit, and Washington, D.C. The team embeds in cities and neighborhoods to understand their specific transportation needs, and hires locally from the community.
Spin is expanding quickly and looking for top-tier talent to help us bring affordable and accessible transportation options to cities and define what future safe streets will look like.
This position will be responsible for writing, producing, and scheduling content on Spin’s owned channels; corresponding with local journalists about Spin’s policy stances; and developing campaigns around safety, infrastructure, equity, and sustainability initiatives. This individual will be a key stakeholder in shaping the narrative that is communicated to cities, campuses, and the general public.
What You’ll Do
- Write and produce content on Spin’s owned channels, managing a consistent content calendar for the company blog, email, and social media accounts
- Spearhead and project manage national and local public affairs campaigns around important micromobility issues, coordinating across operations, policy and partnerships teams to define the message and designate amplification channels
- Build presentations and ghostwrite data-driven content for the policy team based on important industry themes like safety and environmental impact
- Correspond with local reporters about policy issues, liaising with operations, policy and partnerships teams to ensure accurate and consistent messaging is being conveyed
- Coordinate with external partners, including non-profits, advocacy groups, policymakers, and local businesses, to share content and amplify news articles
- Ensure consistent a consistent content schedule for Spin accounts
- Provide other copywriting support for event invites, the leadership team’s social media accounts, and marketing collateral
What You’ll Have
- Superb writing skills, both in producing long-form content and spoken messaging
- Policy chops and an understanding of the mobility space
- Experience tracking success metrics behind public affairs campaigns
- Experience integrating data into written content
- Excellent project management skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work with many internal and external stakeholders to bring writing projects and events over the finish line
Benefits & Perks
– Opportunity to join a fast-growing startup and help shape and establish the company’s industry leadership
– Competitive health benefits
– Daily catered lunch
– Unlimited PTO for salaried roles
– Commuter stipend plus pre-tax benefits
– Free Spin credits every month
– Monthly cell phone bill stipend
Job posted: 2019-05-11