Senior Policy Coordinator
To lead and position community clinics, health centers and networks through advocacy, education, and services as key players in the health care delivery system to improve the health status of their communities.
Purpose of Position:
To support the implementation and development of key public policy issues that impact community health centers and their patients including the research, analysis, advocacy, coalition building, and technical assistance that advances the Association’s public policy platform. This position will also have a specific focus on health equity by helping to support community health centers respond to the needs of their diverse patient population.
1. Establish expertise in assigned content and issue areas, which may include immigration, supporting special populations (like farmworkers), enrollment, 340B Drug Discount Program and health equity through supporting use of Community Health Workers / Promotoras.
2. Collaborate with Government Affairs staff on advocacy strategies to better position CPCA for policy success.
3. Support legislative engagement by tracking, analyzing, and providing material support on state and federal legislation and budget efforts.
4. Track, analyze, and prepare public comment on state and federal regulations.
5. Work closely with Health Center Operation and Care Transformation staff to provide technical assistance, disseminate information, provide educational resources and training, and coordinate member engagement.
6. Prepare timely and thorough policy updates to members including but not limited to weekly updates, website and newsletters.
7. Build new, and strengthen existing, relationships by representing the Association in coalitions and other stakeholder opportunities.
8. Coordinate with California Health+ Advocates, the Association’s 501(c)(4), as well as regional and statewide clinic associations.
Skills and Abilities Required:
1. Strong project and program management expertise including implementation and evaluation.
2. Serve as lead staff to designated peer networks, work groups, task forces and committees.
3. Solid interpersonal and professional skills when engaging with Association membership and Board of Directors, vendors and partners.
4. Effective problem solving, organizational and time management skills.
5. Deliver accurate and concise written and oral communication.
6. Proficiency in Microsoft Office and web based applications and platforms.
7. Work collaboratively with leadership and multi departmental teams.
8. Anticipate and resolve problems on own initiative.
1. Attends and participates in required Association meetings.
2. Travel for national and regional meetings, training and site visits by air and ground transportation.
3. Reports regularly to supervisor.
4. Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree required. Minimum three years of project or program management experience. Experience with community health centers, member-driven associations or non-profit organizations is also preferred. Relevant experience may be considered in lieu of degree requirement.
$71,103 + Excellent benefits
Submit cover letter indicating where you heard about this position, resume, and professional references in MS Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org or FAX 916-440-8172.
We strive for our workforce to represent California’s diverse population including capabilities, culture, language, experience, and socio-economic background, while also meeting the highest standards and qualifications of our industry.
Job posted: 2020-09-30