Senior Social Media Manager
Peloton is hiring an experienced Senior Social Media Manager to join our dynamic, Member-focused social media team in New York City. This is an exciting opportunity that offers varied, hands-on work and the flexibility to learn, grow, and develop in the constantly changing landscape of social intelligence. You’ll have the opportunity to apply your knowledge and skills to major moments for our brand, and drive real results around engaging our Members.
We’re looking for someone with a special focus in executive communications, who thrives on creating strategies to develop individual voices and build on existing thought leadership. You must be an engaging communicator with the confidence to interact at all business levels across the organization, and who can easily translate specialized concepts for any internal audience. Please have a keen attention to detail and a knack for optimizing and creative solutions, and be excited about developing a deep sense of the brand and what motivates our community. We want someone with a specific passion for this specialized area of work, who can also manage multiple projects to support the Director of Social Media on larger strategic initiatives and to help grow and develop our brand’s practice on social media overall.
- Develop or support the creation of effective, high-impact communications and written materials, including social posts, byline articles, talking points, media briefs and emails, aligned with Peloton’s strategic priorities and reflecting our executives’ voice and style.
- Maintain a master calendar of all executive communication activities, provide recommendations on timing of important announcements, and ensure alignment with the larger communications and social calendar.
- Develop relationships with internal leaders to stay abreast of content creation and messaging opportunities on behalf of the executive team.
- Define and manage key processes and develop models for how executive messaging is integrated companywide with Communications, Membership, Social Media, and Marketing teams.
- Create and maintain processes to measure the effectiveness of communications messaging and campaigns on executive communications channels and own performance KPIs for those channels.
- Within the Communications and Social Media teams, provide leadership and general social strategy insight on select campaigns and projects, contributing to the work of the social media team more broadly.
- Bachelor’s degree with a major in communications, marketing or similar, or substantial experience in social media and communications.
- Experience in communication strategy/campaign development and execution in a global and fast-growing organization.
- Ability to work confidently with C-level executives and other stakeholders at all levels.
- A knack for narrative storytelling and learning and developing a voice on social media.
- A working background in social media analytics and strategy, and experience presenting social media strategy and results to senior stakeholders.
- Broad familiarity with social media communities, networks, and tools.
- Exceptional time-management and task-management skills.
- Strong computer literacy, including proficiency with Microsoft and/or Google suites,in particular spreadsheets, presentations, documents.
Bonus points if you have:
- A love of developing innovative, effective messaging across different channels and using different tools, including video, emerging digital/virtual tools and social media.
- Ability to quickly turn around high-quality and impactful copy and visuals.
- Experience in developing and mentoring junior employees, and working collaboratively with team members at all levels.
Peloton is the largest interactive fitness platform in the world with a loyal community of more than 3 million Members. The company pioneered connected, technology-enabled fitness, and the streaming of immersive, instructor-led boutique classes for its Members anytime, anywhere. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, and convenient, while fostering social connections that encourage its Members to be the best versions of themselves. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, and media, Peloton has reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, and world-class streaming digital fitness and wellness content, creating a product that its Members love. The brand’s immersive content is accessible through the Peloton Bike, Peloton Tread, Peloton Bike+, Peloton Tread+, and Peloton App, which allows access to a full slate of fitness classes across disciplines, on any iOS or Android device, Apple TV, Fire TV, Roku TVs, and Chromecast and Android TV. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York City, Peloton has a growing number of retail showrooms across the US, UK, Canada and Germany. For more information, visit www.onepeloton.com.
“Together We Go Far” means that we are greater than the sum of our parts, stronger collectively when each one of us is at our best. In order to be the best version of Peloton, we are deeply committed to building a diverse workforce and inclusive culture where all of our team members can be the best version of themselves. This work has no endpoint; it is the constant work of running an organization that strives to reach its full potential. As a first step in our commitment, we announced the Peloton Pledge to invest $100 million over the next four years to fight racial injustice and inequity in our world, and to promote health and wellbeing for all, from the inside out.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-03-12