Social Media Director
Forbes is looking for a Social Media Director to lead and manage the social media team in our Jersey City, NJ, office (the Forbes office is currently remote during this time). The position will work across the company with various stakeholders to execute social strategy, be a thought leader, and thrive as one of the organization’s social media experts. In addition to joining a high-performing team that considers social media to be a vibrant and integral part of the editorial ecosystem, you would be joining a passionate and engaged culture that celebrates:
- Entrepreneurship: Freedom to innovate, identify new opportunities and pursue passion projects
- Career Development: Industry conference attendance and speaking opportunities
- Work/life balance: Celebration of passion projects and side hustles, regular group outings, optional mindfulness sessions twice a month
- Positivity: Emphasis on positive communication, transparency and team building
- Manage a team of social strategists and analysts while maintaining a consistent voice, look, and messaging across all Forbes social channels
- Own relationships with platform partners including Apple, Flipboard, Facebook regarding emerging news, initiatives, and inclusion in new platform features
- Maintain and reach bi-annual KPI projections and present to leadership
- Work with analysts to deliver social media and traffic reports daily, weekly, monthly, and per campaign
- Drive growth and audience engagement using data to inform optimization and future strategies
- Continue to strengthen relationships internally with all team members including but not limited to corporate communications, newsroom, video, design, etc.
- Prepare and deliver POVs on emerging trends on social media
- Develop and launch new initiatives across all platforms supporting editorial channels and reporters
- Pitch influencer and digital icon projects related to tentpole lists and live/virtual events
- Work with SEO expert to ensure all content meets search standards
- Lead all social strategy in partnership with video and design
- 5-7 years of editorial experience, preferably in a newsroom setting
- Experience managing direct reports
- Ability to balance multiple competing directions, identify and delegate tasks effectively and manage multiple projects successfully
- Creative thinker with impeccable communication skills and team-management skills; can collaborate effectively and efficiently
- Fluent across all social media platforms: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, TikTok etc.
- Knowledge of analytics platforms: Native Insights, Sprinklr, Google Analytics, Looker
- Familiar with Slack, Asana, and various project management tools
- Entrepreneurial spirit and willingness to learn
- Ability to work nights and weekends, sporadically
About Forbes Media
Forbes believes in the power of entrepreneurial capitalism and uses it various platforms to ignite the conversations that drive systemic change in business, culture and society. We celebrate success and are committed to using our megaphone to drive equity. We are the world’s biggest business media brand and we consistently place in the top 20 of the most-popular sites in the United States, in good company with brands like Netflix, Apple and Google. In short, we have a big platform and we use it responsibly.
Forbes is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-11-05