Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Social Media Director
If you are passionate about the ability of American business to improve lives, solve problems, and strengthen society, the U.S. Chamber of Commerce is the place for you. As the world’s largest business organization, we believe in building a future that gives everyone the opportunity to pursue a better tomorrow. We make it our job today–and every day–to build the strongest relationships possible among the American people, business leaders, and elected officials in Washington, D.C., state capitals, and countries around the globe. For them and the businesses we represent, the U.S. Chamber is a trusted advocate and partner.
We are driven by the pursuit of innovation and partnership and hold ourselves to the highest standards. Our commitment to our members is matched only by our commitment to our employees. As part of our team, we will support your long-term career development while delivering relevant learning opportunities. We will empower you to lead, develop deep expertise, and find new approaches to solving the toughest challenges.
The Social Media Director will be the driving force behind the U.S. Chamber of Commerce’s social media strategy, directing the messaging, frequency and types of posts on our signature accounts with a goal of growing engagement, driving brand influence and expanding audience reach through impactful campaigns and content on the most pressing issues facing the American economy and U.S. business community.
- Lead social media strategy across our organic social media platforms, ensuring the message is optimized for the audience on each platform.
- Identify opportunities on social media for the U.S. Chamber to engage in and/or start meaningful conversations online, driving social engagement and audience discussion.
- Serve as the U.S. Chamber’s brand cultivator and brand voice across Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, and Facebook.
- Implement strategies for growth on our organic platforms, including building targeting lists and engaging with international leaders, businesses, and media influencers.
- Identify and help create social media content, including written content and video, that effectively strengthens and boosts our messaging in campaigns across our policy issues.
- Optimize social media campaigns in real-time based on data, news and search trends.
- Report out weekly and monthly social media reports tracking our growth and educating stakeholders across the U.S. Chamber on social media performance.
- Proactively work with policy teams and our coalitions to plan social days of action and continue building our advocacy groups online.
- Lead social media best practices training across the organization.
- 5+ years of experience working in social media management, with a proven record of building audiences online and developing community engagement strategies.
- 3+ years working with creative/design teams to develop compelling social media content, including video, infographics, GIFs, and static graphics.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, journalism, or related field.
- Social media expert with experience developing, executing, and measuring organic social media campaigns for brands.
- Avid news reader, who can identify opportunities for the U.S. Chamber to engage online and build brand influence.
- Understanding of SEO best practices
- Excellent and versatile writer who is comfortable drafting social media content on a variety of issues related to the business community.
- Experience working with social media metrics and extensive knowledge of key performance indicators.
- Experience working with social media management software; experience with Sprout Social is a plus.
- Experience managing paid advertising on social media, particularly on Meta, is a plus.
We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, marital status, status as a protected veteran, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Our talent acquisition and employment policies are inclusive. We respect both the spirit and letter of the laws of equal employment opportunity.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2023-08-24