Social Media Manager
Primary Purpose of the Position:
- Manage NPCA’s social media accounts to engage and grow our online community, including day-to-day strategy and execution. Develop compelling, creative and engaging copy for all social media channels, including basic graphics and images where appropriate.
- Work closely with staff to advance NPCA’s policy agenda at the national and regional levels. Collaborate with other communications staff to develop messaging in support of national and regional policy initiatives.
- Work closely with blog and magazine staff to develop promotion plans for NPCA’s original content. Actively collaborate with membership, development, corporate partnerships, and other NPCA teams to ensure all public-facing programs are represented in NPCA’s social channels.
- Analyze data to draw actionable insights about campaign performance and make recommendations for improvement. Assist Senior Manager in setting and measuring growth and engagement goals.
- Develop and implement content for NPCA’s social media and other online advertising, including Google AdWords.
- Engage with NPCA’s social media audience, including the Protect Our Parks group. Act as initial point of contact for social media inquiries from members and supporters. Coordinate with media team to manage inquiries from news media.
- Help lead NPCA’s efforts to introduce new people to America’s national parks by driving national narratives about the cultural and historical value of national park sites to communities, including communities of color.
Essential Functions: % of Time
Manage and implement NPCA’s efforts on social media (70%)
Engage with social media audience (20%)
Manage NPCA’s online advertising, including social and AdWords (10%)
Respect employees regardless of their position or background. Participate in developing department goals, objectives, and systems. Participate in administrative staff meetings, organization-wide meetings, staff committee meetings, training programs, and attend other meetings and seminars as designated by the supervisor. Assist in evaluation of reports, decisions, and results of department in relation to established goals. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee in this position.
Minimum Work Schedule: 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday – Friday (37.5 hour work week)
Minimum Scope of Position: Day-to-day content generation and curation for all of NPCA’s social media channels, including: drafting original content; basic graphic creation; campaign planning in collaboration with other NPCA staff.
Minimum Qualifications, Competencies, Skills, Education, and Traits:
- Minimum of 4-5 years of experience in online communication. Must include prior professional or volunteer work using social media.
- Baccalaureate degree or equivalent work experience. Coursework or emphasis on communication, journalism, marketing, political science, or environmental studies preferred but not required.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
- Familiarity with best practices for outreach via Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, including paid placements on all three platforms.
- Familiarity with basic or intermediate analytics practices for evaluating social media performance.
- Proven ability to work under time constraints, meet deadlines, organize tasks, and maintain a good rapport with staff and suppliers.
- Work well under pressure with ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Demonstrated ability to produce several creative solutions to a problem.
- Attention to detail and ability to work independently.
- An awareness of and sensitivity to the needs and concerns of individuals from diverse cultures, backgrounds and orientations.
- Willingness to contribute to the creation of a diverse, equitable and inclusive work culture that encourages and celebrates differences.
Live, honor, and own the organization’s Core Values:
Commitment. We are passionate about NPCA and dedicated to achieving excellence through our work and mission. We seek to improve our performance by taking opportunities for professional and personal development, and encouraging reasonable risk-taking and innovation.
Inclusion. We value diversity of thought, background, experience, and opinion. We create a culture of empowerment by welcoming and encouraging meaningful participation from all people and promoting an environment that embraces different perspectives.
Integrity. We hold ourselves accountable to each other, our members and partners, and our mission. We evaluate the impact of our work and strive for honesty and transparency across the organization. We operate ethically in the organization’s best interests.
Respect. We collaborate in results-oriented teams based on trust and consideration for each other. We promote harmony between our work and our personal lives. We foster a healthy and positive workplace culture and work collaboratively with external partners.
NPCA is committed to diversity among its employees and hiring practices. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.
Physical Environment: Typical office setting; cube
Employer’s Rights: NPCA reserves the right to revise this position description at any time. The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the NPCA and employee and is subject to change by the NPCA as the needs of the NPCA and requirements of the job change. The above is in no way an exhaustive list of the requirements for the position.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-11-19