Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Social Media Producer
NextGen America is seeking creative, self-starting Social Media Producers to develop and execute winning social media content. Producers will play vital roles on the Social Media team to engage and grow our online presence to advance our organizing and political priorities. We are looking for content creators committed to engaging young voters, expanding ballot access and electing progressives up and down the ballot — and using the latest social media tools, trends and strategies to do it.
The ideal candidates have a passion for politics and a belief that young people can — and will — make the difference in our democracy. We are an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage people of diverse backgrounds and experiences to apply. We value and are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion as an organization — in theory and in practice — and our culture reflects that value and commitment. We are committed to furthering issues like climate change, health care, and economic and racial justice from a progressive perspective, we seek to engage the public in these areas as well as others.
This is a fully remote position with no location requirement. We encourage candidates from all locations within the United States to apply.
FLSA Classification: Exempt
Remote Position: Yes
Union Position: No
Travel Requirements: Less than 10%
- Serve as a copywriter and content creator for NextGen America’s national social media program, drafting and curating content for social media properties including but not limited to Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and Tiktok
- Take the lead on producing content and building audience for one of NextGen’s social accounts — e.g. Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, Snap, etc.
- Creating content in NextGen’s distinctive organizational voice and meeting content production metrics appropriate to specific accounts
- Maintain real-time knowledge of current social trends, political developments, organizing best-practices and public policy news to create opportunities for social media engagement in line with NextGen America’s messaging.
- Create content from conception to design, execution and analysis.
- Assist with producing reports on social media activity and metrics.
- Track emerging trends in social media and digital storytelling and utilize them effectively.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- At least one year of digital communications, digital content creation or social media work for a political campaign, nonprofit advocacy group or similar mission-driven organization.
- Demonstrated ability to grow online audiences through engaging content.
- Exceptional writing, copyediting and proofreading skills.
- At least one position will be video-focused and require experience ideating, producing and editing fun, engaging video content.
- Ability to produce on-message content that attracts and engages NextGen’s core audience.
- Ability to work independently with excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to adapt rapidly to evolving priorities and meet tight deadlines.
- Strong work ethic and consistent attention to detail.
- Love working in a dynamic team environment.
- Be a positive, unselfish team player who sets the tone for everyone to do their best work.
BONUS POINTS FOR:
- Proficiency in graphic design and video editing tools like Adobe Creative Suite or Canva.
- Experience with reporting and analytics tools such as Sprout Social, Twitter Analytics, Facebook Analytics, etc.
Salary range for this position is $60,000 – $65,000, compensation will be based on experience. NextGen America also offers a very comprehensive benefits package.
ABOUT NEXTGEN AMERICA:
NextGen America is the leading national organization for engaging young people through voter education, registration and mobilization. We invite 18-to-35 year olds — the largest and most diverse generation in American history — into our democracy to ensure our government works for them and to find new solutions to the dire challenges facing our society and the world. Since 2013, NextGen America has registered more than 1.4 million young voters and educated many millions more, delivering more than the margin of victory for progressives in key races and building an electorate that will lead American politics for decades to come.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-12-29