Social Media Specialist
We are seeking a full-time creative, forward-thinking, and organized social media specialist. In this position, you will work with the business development team and will be responsible for planning, writing and executing social media content on a day-to-day basis to promote our services, build brand awareness and provide thought leadership on timely state and local policy topics.
You must have excellent writing and visual presentation skills and be able to create consistent, meaningful content on all our social media platforms which includes timely blogs. Experience working with state and/or local policy issues is preferable.
- Create and maintain social media marketing plans that support business development initiatives.
- Identify, write, and publish engaging policy and marketing content including timely blogs for clients and various social networks.
- Create appealing images and videos consistent with branding themes to complement marketing materials and social media posts.
- Evaluate and monitor the most relevant/effective social media channels, i.e.: Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn.
- Coordinate with internal teams to write policy blogs and record podcasts on priority topics.
- Track and report on social media insights.
- Apply advertising techniques to boost brand awareness and thought leadership.
- Establish relationships with online communities by identifying key partner organizations, news outlets and policy organizations that fit our strategy and brand.
- Establish consistent voice across cross-functional departments and contributors.
- Manage website content and ongoing website maintenance.
- Bachelor of Science in Marketing, Communications, or a relevant field.
- 2-5 years’ experience in digital marketing / social media preferably with a focus on local and/or state policy issues.
- Experience across key social media sites.
- Experience creating marketing visuals.
- Proficiency in one or more social media listening platforms.
- Experience using web analytics and creating reports.
- Ability to work in self-directed, fast-paced environment.
- Must have strong writing skills.
- Highly proficient computer skills.
If you are qualified for this position, please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and include SMS203Q in subject line. This information is required for consideration. No Phone Calls, Faxes or Agencies please.
Stateside Associates is an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, age or protected Veteran status.
Job posted: 2020-12-31