Social Media Strategist
Crunchyroll is the world’s most popular anime brand, connects anime and manga fans across 200+ countries and territories with 360-degree experiences. We’re an international business focused on creating both online and offline experiences for fans through content (licensed, co-produced, originals, distribution), merchandise, events, gaming, news, and more. Visit our About Us pages for more information about our collection of brands and companies.
We are seeking a results-oriented individual to join our Audience Development team as an Social Media Strategist supporting Crunchyroll and popular anime properties such as Naruto, Black Clover, Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- and That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime.
We hope to attract someone who is self-motivated, capable, and eager to learn. If you are interested in marketing, the anime community, and never having two days feel the same, this might be the job for you!
The Social Media Strategist should be a marketing professional with demonstrated skills marketing notable brands and engaging with sizable audiences, with a focus on social media, campaign marketing, developing video and editorial content, and analytics/reporting. To maintain an authentic and meaningful marketing voice, the Strategist should have a strong familiarity with modern anime and the anime fandom.
This role will represent the Crunchyroll brand through various social media pages on different platforms and be responsible for maintaining quality and focus. This individual will report to the Social Media Manager and work towards defined team goals on clear timelines.
- Develop and execute compelling campaigns across social media, on-site programming, Crunchyroll News, and across other teams to make our most critical anime titles famous with campaigns that will be remembered for years to come.
- Collaborate with the production team and third-party contractors to pitch concepts and produce video assets optimized for social media.
- Build frequent and compelling original content across social media channels using optimized media formats.
- Continue to develop the voice for each brand, delivering content and campaigns in line with team goals and broader company objectives.
- Demonstrate growth in awareness, engagements, and conversions for special initiatives.
- Optimize and evaluate campaigns, launches, and new tactics where needed.
- Oversee our Social Media Coordinators to manage relevant Show-Specific social media channels.
- Build systems to ensure title marketing content is localized and approved, and that all key partners are informed.
- Ensure priority titles are improved across all Audience Development marketing channels.
- Deliver regular title marketing reports on the outcomes of campaigns and day-to-day initiatives to partners.
- Continuously develop and contribute to our social media standard methodologies, with frequent experimentation, research, and professional development.
- Stay up-to-date with new platforms, content types, and practices to keep our brands on the cutting-edge of social media.
- Contribute to team goals around growth, engagement, and awareness.
- Be willing to perform abilities beyond your areas of expertise.
- 4-6 years of experience in social media marketing, brand management, or a related field.
- Proven understanding of major social media platforms, and what kind of content works best to meet specific marketing or business goals.
- Experience leading successful, creative, and innovative social media or marketing campaigns across various teams.
- Experience using analytics and data to support growth.
- Strong sense of internet culture and trends in content and storytelling.
- Respect for anime and its lifestyle and culture, familiarity with fandom communities.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, with a focus in Marketing, Business, or Communications.
Benefits and Perks: San Francisco Office
- Competitive salary
- “Use What You Need” time away from work policy
- Medical, dental, vision, STD, LTD, and life insurance
- Health care and dependent care FSA
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Employer paid commuter benefit
- On-site gym, showers, yoga, and wellness classes
- Support program for new parents
- Catered lunch 4 days per week
- Fun, passionate and skilled co-workers
- Pet friendly – pet insurance and dog friendly office
Questions about Crunchyroll’s hiring process? Please check out our FAQ
Crunchyroll, a WarnerMedia company (as a subsidiary of Otter Media) and the world’s most popular anime brand, connects anime and manga fans across 200+ countries and territories with 360-degree experiences.
Fans have access to the largest collection of licensed anime through Crunchyroll, Anime Digital Network (in partnership with Citel, a subsidiary of Média-Participations), and Anime on Demand video streaming services, translated in multiple languages for viewers worldwide. Viewers can also access simulcasts — top series available immediately after Japanese broadcast. Crunchyroll’s services also extend to licensing of theatrical, TV, home video, and consumer product rights.
Fans engage further with events (including owned events Crunchyroll Expo, Anime Awards, Crunchyroll Movie Nights, KAZÉ Movie Nights), consumer products through eCommerce and retail partners (Crunchyroll, KAZÉ, AV Visionen), Crunchyroll Games, KAZÉ Games, and manga (KAZÉ Manga, Crunchyroll Manga app, Crunchyroll Manga Store).
Crunchyroll was founded in 2006 and is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in Los Angeles, Tokyo, Paris, Lausanne, Berlin (AV Visionen) and Chisinau (Ellation). VRV (U.S.) and Eye See Movies (Germany) are also Crunchyroll brands.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Crunchyroll. Pursuant to applicable law, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-10-27