Consumer Brands continues to monitor federal, state and local guidance and vaccination progress in the region. While this position will interview, onboard and work remotely for the near term, this role will be expected to be available weekly in the DC-Metro area as a safe return to face-to-face meetings evolves.
The specialist, communications is responsible for the execution of the organization’s day-to-day communications operations and produces high-quality communication deliverables that contribute to the overall success of our strategic priorities. This individual plays a critical cross-functional role in promoting the association’s advocacy agenda and programs. Reporting to the vice president, communications and strategy this role is the go-to partner for various projects across the function — from executing member communications to industry narrative.
Key Areas of Responsibility
Content Development and Distribution
- Support the development, crafting and distribution of content for newsletters, member updates, advocacy campaigns and research on behalf of the organization.
- Manage the cross-departmental calendar to track major initiatives, events and communications to ensure coordination and visibility.
- Manage the deployment of all organization email communications, troubleshooting technical issues in partnership with industry engagement team and vendors.
- Support the production, from concept to completion, of a broad array of digital and print collateral and communication materials for the organization.
- Source and manage graphics for various communications projects.
- Draft and contribute content for blog, SmartBrief and social platforms.
- Maintain organization file-sharing platforms related to communications assets.
- Provide general support to communications projects and assets, including coordinating internal meetings, processing invoices, routing contracts and managing subscriptions.
- Catalogue and analyze industry efforts around advocacy priorities as needed.
- Support media relations efforts including updating reporter lists, assisting with media briefing documents and morning news clips.
- Write weekly, “Quick Bites,” internal newsletter to keep Consumer Brands staff up to speed on what is happening around the organization.
Experience & Education
- A minimum of a BA/BS degree in communications, public relations, marketing, journalism or related field is required.
- Working knowledge of HubSpot EMS preferred.
- 3 years of related experience including internships.
- Excellent written communication skills — knowledge of AP style.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, take direction and prioritize work.
- Excellent customer service skills and email etiquette.
- Highly collaborative and able to work and thrive in a cross-functional team environment.
- Basic project management skills.
- Passionate about the CPG industry.
- Graphic design and layout skills a plus.
- High attention to detail.
- Receptive to feedback and direction and in search of constant self-improvement.
- Adaptive to change.
- Passion for learning issues and driving results.
- Advanced proficiency in Office 365 Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Flexibility in learning new software and/or computer/technical applications.
- A self-starter with the ability to work independently.
Applicants must submit a cover letter and resume. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-05-03