Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Sr Corporate Relations Manager
At the American Cancer Society, we’re leading the fight for a world without cancer. Our employees and 1.5 million volunteers are raising the bar every single day. We actively seek candidates from diverse backgrounds including communities of color, the LGBTQ community, veterans, and people with disabilities. The greater the diversity of our people, the better we can serve our communities.
- Serves as the primary relationship manager for a portfolio of priority corporations, corporate foundations, CEOs, C-Suite executives and other high impact individuals with responsibility for prospect research, recruitment, cultivation, and retention.
- Aligns corporations and CEO affinities and needs with ACS priorities and events to achieve individual income goals, support enterprise goals, and to further our impact to mission programs and services, with a focus on securing six-figure revenue partnerships.
- Drives comprehensive corporate alliances through employee – executive engagement, corporate foundation gifts, nationwide consumer engagement opportunities, network fundraising activities and mission funding opportunities
- Assists with maintaining a CEOs Against Cancer® (CAC) chapter, achieving high recruiting levels and member retention rates, and delivering against the CAC strategy by meeting/exceeding recruiting and revenue goals
- Leverages volunteers as door openers and relationship builders.
- Oversees the delivery of high-level constituent experience and recognition programs in order to cultivate new expanded opportunities; Collaborates with development and philanthropy staff on the ongoing cultivation of existing donor relationships
- Partners with account operations and support functions to ensure successful corporate program execution, including tracking, planning, implementation and continuous performance feedback.
- Partners with the GHQ Corporate Alliances department to provide support with Fortune 500 account management and region level execution as part of a coordinated corporate engagement effort.
- Monitors and fosters behavior that establishes a culture that values the staff/volunteer partnership, and is consistent with the cultural beliefs and values of the Society
- Ensures regional staff and volunteers reflect the diversity of the communities served by the region and creates and reinforces an environment of inclusion.
- Established ability to build and cultivate relationships and influence strategies and techniques for high level corporate executives, community leaders, high net worth individuals, and diverse constituents.
- Knowledge of product marketing/sales concepts.
- Outcome driven with ability to respond to changing circumstances and priorities.
- Demonstrated success with managing a team of high-end relationship/account managers.
- Ability to manage and motivate groups and individuals.
- Excellent oral and written communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Strong market, community and constituent perspective.
- Broad knowledge of the overall structure, programs, and services of the American Cancer Society including policies and procedures.
- Remains composed under stress, handles responses to criticism tactfully and delivers on organizational commitments.
- Ability to analyze and integrate information from relevant sources.
- Proficient in computer-based information systems.
- Excellent project management, planning, and organization skills.
- Strong strategic planning skills.
The American Cancer Society has adopted a vaccination policy that requires all staff, regardless of position or work location, to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (except where prohibited by state law).
ACS provides staff a generous paid time off policy; medical, dental, retirement benefits, wellness programs, and professional development programs to enhance staff skills. Further details on our benefits can be found on our careers site at: jobs.cancer.org/benefits. We are a proud equal opportunity employer.
Job posted: 2023-09-13