Sr Manager Public Affairs
Republic Services is an industry leader in U.S. recycling and non-hazardous solid waste. Through our subsidiaries, Republic’s collection companies, recycling centers, transfer stations, and landfills focus on providing effective solutions to make proper waste disposal effortless for our 14 million customers. We’ll handle it from here., our brand promise, lets customers know they can count on Republic to provide a superior experience while fostering a sustainable Blue Planet for future generations to enjoy a cleaner, safer and healthier world.
Why Work with Us
Our Company cannot thrive without great people devoted to serving customers, the community and the planet. We hire the best people to make Republic a great place to work. We are focused on attracting talented individuals across professions who are as committed to serving customers and the planet as we are. We strive to create a workplace that’s meaningful and rewarding to our 33,000 employees. That’s why we are proud to be recognized as Best Large Employer by Forbes, World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere, and Human Rights Campaign Foundation’s 2018 Corporate Equality Index.
- Assist with strategy and execution of public affairs activities that align with and advance the Company’s business and sustainability objectives
- Manage public affairs projects across the country, identifying needs or opportunities, recommending strategies and tactics, and implementing approved plans, while coordinating with various internal stakeholders
- Provide field leaders with counsel and support, such as community and political engagement or local media, and where applicable manage external public affairs partners, in ways that enhance our brand and market positions
- Provide counsel to field leaders on opportunities to maximize participation in the communities we serve, such as neighborhood organizations, chambers and associations, or other local stakeholder groups
- Contribute to development of a durable public affairs culture that equips and prepares field leaders to be strong community partners
- Routinely brief senior and functional leaders on public affairs activities, ensuring alignment and coordination across the organization
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned or apparentQUALIFICATIONS:
- Exceptional verbal and written communications abilities
- Strong understanding of how to effectively engage with diverse community stakeholders and local leaders
- Excellent instincts, analytical skills and creative thinking
- A team-player with solid judgment, the highest ethical standards and ability to manage multiple people, projects and competing deadlines
- Minimum 10 years professional experience in public affairs, communications, journalism, public relations, government relations, or community relations roles
- Bachelor’s degree in a communications, political science, journalism or liberal arts-related discipline
- Demonstrated ability to identify, engage and influence pertinent audiences or stakeholders, resulting in favorable outcomes
The statements used herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this position and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
The statements used herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
Job posted: 2020-10-08