Strategic Communications Specialist
MetaPhase is seeking a Communication Specialist with seven (7) + years of experience. This role will be responsible for working with a team of strategic communications specialists to support all communications needs, meeting planning, speech writing, and an annual conference (DODIIS) on behalf of the OCIO.
- Identify areas of opportunity to streamline processes within the communications team(s) and stakeholders.
- Collaborate with partners across the organization enterprise on communications related to IT writing, editing, and/or the distribution of important information (investments, projects, events, awards, etc.)
- Evolve and execute the system implementation communications strategies and campaigns – to include both strategic and internal communications products
- Develop content to describe the program and its benefits to various users internal and external to the Agency; requires reading through materials produced by the Training and Development teams
- Gather requirements & essential inputs from clients, stakeholders, and other communicators on the project and in M/CIO, to drive final approval on all deliverables for client
- Take ownership of and facilitate the project’s Community of Practice. This involves creating, curating and managing content on the project’s internal, digital forum; often requires liaising with other project team members (outside of MetaPhase).
Basic Qualifications (Required):
- A minimum of seven (7) + years of relevant experience; (3) years of experience specifically supporting communications strategy development (technical editing/writing, speech preparation, research, social media)
- Thorough understanding of tools such as: Microsoft Office, SharePoint, excel and Powerpoint.
- This role requires an active Top Secret SCI CI/Poly US Security Clearance
Additional Qualifications (Desired):
- Federal consulting experience within the federal intelligence community
- Familiarity with IT systems and technology implementation
- Extensive experience being the communicator and storyteller, skilled at developing effective strategies in promoting the value and benefits of transformative technology implementations
- Working well in a distributed team environment of partners, teammates, and clients
- Applying strong communication skills to build relationships across offices, connect people, and market the program,
- Working effectively in often-ambiguous environments while encouraging their team to strive for excellent results.
Job posted: 2020-07-02