Strategic Communications Specialist
Do you enjoy creating and organizing compelling content to distribute amongs the team? Amentum is actively seeking a Communication Specialist to provide programmatic support to G-3/5/7 of the Army at the Pentagon. G3/5/7 provides operational, planning and training to build a campaign-capable, expeditionary and versatile Army in support of the Joint War-fighting Commander. If you are looking for a mission driven atmosphere then apply today!
Amentum is actively seeking a Strategic Communications Specialist to provide programmatic support to G-3/5/7 of the Army in the Pentagon. Duties could include:
- Gather, compile, and submit Daily personnel status (PERSTAT)
- Post PERSTATs to the Bolte Portal on DAMO-SO page under Ops and Admin
- – PERSTAT Documents
- Participate in Director’s sync meetings (every Monday and every other Thursday)
- Write Director’s messages for federal holidays (Labor Day, Patriot Day, Veterans Day, etc.)
- Coordinate with OCPA for Director’s media interviews
- Coordinate with OCPA for Director’s Think Tank participation
- Coordinate with OCPA for Director’s participation at AUSA
- Revise/update Troop Media Cards
- Revise/update DAMO-SO Action Officer Course
- Draft Talking Points, Themes, and Messages for Director’s media engagements
- Review talking points from Divisions for Director’s speaking engagements
- Participate in the Ops Chief’s Admin meetings (Monday and Thursday afternoons)
- Participate in AUSA planning IPRs
- Coordinate Executive Media Training with OCPA (Director and Deputy
- Coordinate with the Executive Assistant and Executive Officer for date
- Maintain constant communication with those two for interview dates
- Communicate constantly with the Ops Chief and other members of the Ops Team
- Be prepared to host both the Director’s sync meeting or the Ops Chief’s Amin meeting when called on (MS Teams)
- Participate in the Town Hall (gathering questions from the Divisions)
- Coordinate all interviews through the XO, EA, Ops Chief and Chief of Staff
- Gather articles from the Divisions for the G-3/5/7 newsletter when DAMO-SO is requested
- Minimum of an active Top Secret Clearance is required. Must be SCI eligible
- Must be U.S. Citizen
- Master’s degree in Business/Logistics or related field and at least 10 years of job related experience or equivalent.
- Excellent communication skills; working knowledge of word-processing and integrated software applications; organizational skills and ability to perform detail-oriented work are required.
- Possibility of travel up to 10%.
- Army experience desired
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-10-01