About the job
Risa Heller Communications, a leading crisis and issues management communications firm, helps corporations, individuals and non-profits confront high-profile legal, reputational and organizational challenges.
We are looking for an exceptional, dynamic, experienced and driven communications professional to join our fast-growing team and work on the front lines of high-profile issues management.
(S)VPs are the leading edge of the team at Risa Heller Communications, with a broad mandate to work to advance our clients’ and the firm’s interests.
- Create and implement strategic communications programs for a variety of clients across a range of industries.
- Lead multiple accounts in varying topic areas, managing significant and sensitive client relationships.
- Work collaboratively with legal teams and financial advisors, as part of our clients’ core set of advisory relationships, to provide integrated guidance and counsel to clients as they move through critical moments.
- Manage production of day-to-day client deliverables – including researching, drafting and editing materials such as communications plans, press releases, fact sheets, talking points, Op-Eds and memos.
- Engage directly with global top-tier media to shape stories, serve as an on-the-record spokesperson, or rapidly respond to breaking news.
- Constantly generate creative ideas to help clients break through the noise and secure earned media coverage.
- Build talented teams, mentoring and managing junior staff and overseeing their work product.
- 8-10 years of experience in political communications, corporate communications, public affairs or journalism with a desire to be part of and help lead an excellent team.
- Highly organized, detail-oriented individual who can quickly analyze issues, execute several projects simultaneously, and think creatively and problem-solve to advance client priorities.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, with a proven ability to produce well-written and compelling documents on tight deadlines.
- A strong interest in the news and a comprehensive understanding of the NYC and national media.
- Ability to work well with others and manage in all directions in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment and to build strong relationships with coworkers and members of the media.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
Please email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job posted: 2021-03-23