Vice President, Communications
The American Enterprise Institute seeks a vice president of communications. The principal objective of this position is to enhance AEI’s mission by promoting the dissemination of AEI ideas and learning among public policymakers, journalists, academics, the business community, and the general public.
The person selected for this position will be a part of AEI’s executive team, with the responsibility of leading an institutional communications strategy and supervising various communications departments at AEI, including editing services, design, video services, digital, email marketing, and media services.
The specific tasks to be performed by the person in this position include:
- Driving the AEI institutional communications strategy so that our communications impact is greater than the sum of the parts of our communications divisions;
- Designing and executing integrated communications strategies around key products and experts that go beyond the standard treatment provided to all scholar work;
- Working with AEI scholars, executives, managers, and relevant support staff to determine prioritization of AEI scholars’ products and devising marketing plans around them;
- Developing opportunities at the intersection of public policy and AEI scholarship where creative and timely efforts could make a difference in promotion of a product;
- Evaluating and implementing new communications and publicity tools to supplement or replace more traditional approaches;
- Developing metrics to measure success in AEI’s communications efforts;
- Ensuring internal coordination of communications activities and message and driving an internal communications schedule;
- Enhancing training for all relevant staff to support communications functions;
- Identifying and managing external promotional resources with specific expertise as appropriate;
- Providing insight and expertise for the creation of institutional marketing collateral to support AEI fundraising efforts; and
- Managing and mentoring a diverse communications team and adjusting to the demands of an ever-changing communications world.
The position requires excellent writing, interpersonal, leadership, and organizational skills. The ideal candidate will have significant, recent experience with strategic communications and marketing and will have a deep interest in a wide variety of public policy issues.
Qualified applicants should submit their resume and a brief statement of interest with their online application to www.aei.org/jobs.
The American Enterprise Institute (AEI) is a public policy think tank dedicated to defending human dignity, expanding human potential, and building a freer and safer world. The work of its scholars and staff advances ideas rooted in a belief in democracy, free enterprise, American strength and global leadership, solidarity with those at the periphery of our society, and a pluralistic, entrepreneurial culture.
AEI is committed to making the intellectual, moral, and practical case for expanding freedom, increasing individual opportunity, and strengthening the free enterprise system in America and around the world. Its work explores ideas that further these goals, and AEI scholars take part in this pursuit with academic freedom. AEI operates independently of any political party and has no institutional positions. Its scholars’ conclusions are fueled by rigorous, data-driven research and broad-ranging evidence.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-05-06